PDA

View Full Version : Am I worthy of my ride ?

Smiley
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Got my clocked cleaned today on a very hilly 48 mile ride. Did the 35 mile Nottrott loop yesterday with my wife on my fixee and thought I had gas in the tank to go at it again. I guessed wrong. But let me tell you that my Uniscasi is every bit up to the pedigree of a Serotta. Handles great, decends fast and stable. 47 really hilly miles between Montgomery and Howard county MD, a really Up and Down type of a ride with a head wind thrown in to keep us honest. I never really felt a tail wind today. I must add that the comfort factor of my new fit was just PERFECT, no pains anywhere other then my ego. In a nut shell, Steel is the real deal. I know my Hors would have smoothed out my ride today a tad better but it would have lacked the zip out of the saddle that I had at least for the first 25 miles today.

Life is SHORT, make the most of your experiance and make it on a Serotta, You deserve that much and so do I.

47 miles at 16.6 mph. Actually not bad for the vertical distance we did but geez it hurts to get old and slow :)

TorelliTom
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm not worthy of my mondonico... I've done things going downhill that probably would've been my end, if I had a less stable frame. Its as though it knows what to do before my brain can even make a mistake. I think the bike uses the force... I should try closing my eyes going down a mountain pass and see if the bike will guide itself ;)

Ray
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
47 miles at 16.6 mph. Actually not bad for the vertical distance we did but geez it hurts to get old and slow :)
That'd be one of my faster rides - I always feel pretty good about a hilly ride approaching 17 mph because I do plenty below 16 and some down around 15 or less. So it's all relative. There will always be people who are lots faster and always people who are lots slower. The main thing is, are you having fun, do you feel good on the bike, does it make you feel alive? Sounds like you're doing fine to me.

And, yeah, it's better when the bike feels like an extension of your body than when it feels like you're fighting it.

Was that 35 mile Nottrott ride the Friday fixie ride or the Saturday B ride or something else?

-Ray

Smiley
05-07-2006, 04:13 PM
"Was that 35 mile Nottrott ride the Friday fixie ride or the Saturday B ride or something else?"

Right now the Friday and Sunday ride will be Fixee friendly , thats not my advice , since Zap will be doing the Q for the Friday ride , I may chose to do it with gears and save my ego for the Saturday ride fest :)

I will be sending you details shortly .

keno
05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
getting old and slow is not a problem when you start out in this sport old and slow as I did.

keno

Sandy
05-07-2006, 06:42 PM
getting old and slow is not a problem when you start out in this sport old and slow as I did.

keno

I have both good news and bad news for you Keno.

The good news is that you got much faster.
The bad news is that you got older too. :rolleyes:

Social Security Sandy

bironi
05-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Lose the worries.

cydewaze
05-07-2006, 06:54 PM
That's not a bad average. It's actually a little faster than I did my 60-mi Poolesville loop in yesterday, although I did get a bit boogered up by that race they were running.

As long as you're enjoying yourself, that's all that matters imo. I don't have anyone to please but me.

Sandy
05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
That'd be one of my faster rides - I always feel pretty good about a hilly ride approaching 17 mph because I do plenty below 16 and some down around 15 or less. So it's all relative. There will always be people who are lots faster and always people who are lots slower. The main thing is, are you having fun, do you feel good on the bike, does it make you feel alive? Sounds like you're doing fine to me.

And, yeah, it's better when the bike feels like an extension of your body than when it feels like you're fighting it.

Was that 35 mile Nottrott ride the Friday fixie ride or the Saturday B ride or something else?

-Ray

The 35 mile Nottrott ride Smiley did this past Saturday, is the shortest of the 3 Saturday Nottrott rides. The rides will be 35, 51, and 65+ miles.

If Kevan attends the weekend, there will be a 3.5 mile ride. :banana:

Sandy

Rapid Tourist
05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Feel free to take a self-esteem enhancement ride with the Tourista anytime. I'm pretty much slower than everyone I know--I'm always delighted to increase everyone else's ego... :)

Dr. Doofus
05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
doof is unworthy of anything he sits on

doof has put on 10 pounds in two weeks of being sick

doof will suck pig nads when he gets back on a bike

doof will have fun

lots of fun

riding a bike is fun

Kevan
05-09-2006, 07:21 AM
If Kevan attends the weekend, there will be a 3.5 mile ride. :banana: Sandy

life is getting in my way, my little bubchen. My work down at the local nuclear power plant and the extended Kevan family (That's right, there are more than one of us.) is making such a dandy time with you folk impossible for me. Sorry, my little Leibframilch.

Not to worry, things are falling apart at the office. I'm sure the pressure will let up eventually and who knows where the winds will take me then.