PDA

View Full Version : ERGO bars and 11sp ergopower fit

dpk501
08-07-2015, 01:52 PM
I've run ergo bars for years as I like the small drop and the way they feel in my hands.

Historically I've never been able to have a smooth ergopower transition when mounting the bars. It used to be an annoyance but is not starting to irritate me.

There's a gap between the bar and the lever body which leaves and uncomfortable notch when the rubber hood is put in place.

Any ideas on how to fill this gap or is changing the handlebar the way to go?

oldpotatoe
08-07-2015, 05:08 PM
I've run ergo bars for years as I like the small drop and the way they feel in my hands.

Historically I've never been able to have a smooth ergopower transition when mounting the bars. It used to be an annoyance but is not starting to irritate me.

There's a gap between the bar and the lever body which leaves and uncomfortable notch when the rubber hood is put in place.

Any ideas on how to fill this gap or is changing the handlebar the way to go?

Might raise levers. I have them on a Ritchey Evo Curve, very smooth/flat transition. Levers are just an RCH higher than bottom brake lever level with drops bottom.

dpk501
08-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Might raise levers. I have them on a Ritchey Evo Curve, very smooth/flat transition. Levers are just an RCH higher than bottom brake lever level with drops bottom.

I'll give it a shot. I have a bad wrist so the rotation from the elevation might affect it. The 3T ergonova bars just doesn't seem to play nice. I might also stick some gel tape in that gap.

sw3759
08-07-2015, 06:18 PM
i've been using ergo 11 with ritchey wcs ergo bars for years..mount up with a very nice flat ramp.never tried them with any 3t bars