PDA

View Full Version : IRC Roadlite Tubeless

YesNdeed
08-07-2015, 11:45 AM
This is the most revered tire, in the 25 size, among my dirt roadie mates for training, during the most goat head infested time of the year, which is fast approaching. Any experience with these?

And, where can I get a pair of 700x25s?? There are a bunch os 23 sizes floating around, and plenty of the Formula Pros available. So unless my browser is defunct, I'd say they're discontinued? What the crap, man?

ariw
08-07-2015, 12:31 PM
They are great tires, a little wider than marked. I have been buying on eBay.

Ari

Hermes_Alex
08-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I'll join the choir - these tires are great! Very supple, great tubeless tires. Especially when they came out, they were miles better than the Hutchinsons available then.

Hank Scorpio
08-07-2015, 06:04 PM
While we are on the IRC subject anyone try the aspite pro? Was thinking of giving them a go in the 26 size.

weehastogopee
08-09-2015, 03:28 PM
I have used the aspite pro 26c tires for the past ~8 months and I like them. raced and trained on them. I think they have a good balance of grip and durability of comfort. I was never in want of more grip, and they have been durable for me. They are definitely comfier than 23c tires...but I wouldn't mind a bit more cushion haha but then again I'm comparing it to challenge parigi roubaix tires on my other bike.

Kirk007
08-09-2015, 07:54 PM
BCI had them in stock a month or two ago. Go to the BCI website - anyone can check, then find an LBS with BCI account and have them order them (assuming they're in stock).

benc
08-09-2015, 08:23 PM
I've been looking too, with little luck...

I just cut one of my fusion 25's yesterday and need to replace.

YesNdeed
08-10-2015, 12:55 AM
I scored a (last) pair locally through HiFi wheels. The owner, Rob, gets them directly from IRC and has a bunch on back order. He doesn't know when they'll be shipped to him. Remains a mystery why the Roadlites are so scarce. Now waiting on some Pacenti rims to bring to my wheel builder. It won't be long...

corky
08-10-2015, 03:23 AM
I love IRC road tubeless.....

hida yanra
08-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I've been on them two years - now on their CX tyres as well.
my opinion is: :beer::banana::banana::beer:

I think the distributor that was referenced as "BCI" is usually known as "BTI"?
That's where I get all mine -