PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between assos bibs...

makoti
08-04-2015, 12:21 PM
ASSOS T.EQUIPE_S7 & Assos T Equipe S7 Bib Shorts Black Volkanga? It's the "Black Volkanga" part that is tossing me...

FlashUNC
08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
That's just the color. Assos can't even just call black black.

makoti
08-04-2015, 01:39 PM
That's just the color. Assos can't even just call black black.

Thanks. Couldn't figure out if it was a weird fabric or what.

oldpotatoe
08-04-2015, 09:42 PM
ASSOS T.EQUIPE_S7 & Assos T Equipe S7 Bib Shorts Black Volkanga? It's the "Black Volkanga" part that is tossing me...

Gotta have volkanka for breakfast if you wear the assos bibs...if you don't have any, you can wear the Raphas, fit better anyway.

happycampyer
08-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Gotta have volkanka for breakfast if you wear the assos bibs...if you don't have any, you can wear the Raphas, fit better anyway.Wasn't Volkanka one of Trump's wives?

makoti
08-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Gotta have volkanka for breakfast if you wear the assos bibs...if you don't have any, you can wear the Raphas, fit better anyway.

I broke down and used the latest 20% discount to try a set of Rapha bibs. Classics, with the 30 day "ride them until they are threads & send them back if you don't like them" guarantee.
Oh dear lord, they just disappear on me. At first, I didn't like the gripper, or the sides that seemed higher than other bibs, or the fabric. 15 mins in, I'd forgotten about all of that. I then rode my best set of PI elite bibs (which retail for more than I ever thought I'd pay for shorts) the next day, then back to the Rapha's. Night & day. The Rapha bibs just fit everywhere better. 4+ hour ride in the mountains was pure joy.
I still want to try Assos. Wish I could get a guarantee like the Rapha to try them, though.

rustychisel
08-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Wasn't Volkanka one of Trump's wives?

I think you'll find that was 'Skanka'.

Does it mean the same there as here?