PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Rapha summer sale Now up to 60% off

bikeridah
08-04-2015, 11:08 AM
[/COLOR]No affiliation :rolleyes:

http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/sale/category/sale?nst=0

velotrack
08-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Does anyone have a 20% off code, by any chance?
Thanks!

Avincent52
08-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks much.
FWIW, I tried the various codes previously posted before the sale started and nothing worked.

bicycletricycle
08-04-2015, 01:24 PM
thanks for the heads up.

berserk87
08-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Rapha sales, I wish I could quit you...

Lovetoclimb
08-04-2015, 02:38 PM
coupon code stacking appears to not work anymore ....

makoti
08-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Move fast. Already out of the medium bibs I can't afford.

ANAO
08-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Trade team jerseys are just pro teams with better designs.

I picked one of those up, with the belt and the booties.

Belt's a little pricey, but so is the belt maker they use.

binxnyrwarrsoul
08-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Anyone in or near the Westchester, Queens, Sptingfield MA or Southwest CT area need anything (so we can get the free ship) let me know.

berserk87
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Move fast. Already out of the medium bibs I can't afford.

I added a pair of winter socks to my order and by the time I went to check out they were out of stock. It's a feeding frenzy.

donevwil
08-04-2015, 03:18 PM
A bit short on bib size detail, how do they tend to fit ? Looking at the Pro team bibs and I'm an XL in Assos, Descente, Voler, but some of the Euro brands in XL are too small.

hokoman
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM
I assume that the prices are good in the store as well?

Mr_Gimby
08-04-2015, 04:31 PM
This is a very dangerous development. For my wallet anyway.

Mzilliox
08-04-2015, 04:52 PM
well that sucks, just got stuff. i hope this doesn't mean i will only ever want Rapha gear in the future, this will be my first bit of kit from them.

Mr_Gimby
08-04-2015, 05:06 PM
well that sucks, just got stuff. i hope this doesn't mean i will only ever want Rapha gear in the future, this will be my first bit of kit from them.

Beware, their stuff can ruin you for all others...

Avincent52
08-04-2015, 09:45 PM
The slick Rapha jersey I desire isn't actually on sale.
Does anyone have a discount code that might work on a non-sale item?
TIA.

bikeridah
08-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Further reductions and additional items added.

Mzilliox
08-11-2015, 10:24 AM
My order arrived literally the next day, even with free shipping option, Now I'm ordering more, you jerk, thanks for posting this... :fight:

ANAO
08-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Do they do price adjustments? A whole bunch of what I ordered is now cheaper...

bcroslin
08-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Do they do price adjustments? A whole bunch of what I ordered is now cheaper...

Yes! I received a $15 credit yesterday. I bought a trade team jersey at $90 and then noticed it was $75 yesterday. I sent an email and they sent a credit code.

thedude
08-11-2015, 12:35 PM
I added a pair of winter socks to my order and by the time I went to check out they were out of stock. It's a feeding frenzy.
You haven't seen a "feeding frenzy" until you attend one of their bi-yearly in store sales here in Portland.

DCilliams
08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I love the product, but the sale doesn't seem to be that great.

berserk87
08-11-2015, 01:04 PM
You haven't seen a "feeding frenzy" until you attend one of their bi-yearly in store sales here in Portland.

I don't doubt it.

I would love to attend but Portland is way out of my way. Someday I hope to find a store that sells Rapha stuff, that is more local.

I just like the sale part. Seeing the chum spread into the water and the sharks going crazy is not so much fun for me.

MePaleo
08-11-2015, 01:10 PM
New stuff added today... couldn't hold out any longer.

hokoman
08-11-2015, 04:00 PM
the nice thing is that the local store had items that weren't available online in my size.

makoti
08-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Man, I shouldn't even think about these, but...
Has anyone used the Pro Team Thermal bibs? How much heavier are they? I have a set of Castelli bib tights that I like more than I expected to, and am thinking these would be even better. Thoughts?

b021c
08-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Has anyone used the Pro Team Thermal bibs? How much heavier are they? I have a set of Castelli bib tights that I like more than I expected to, and am thinking these would be even better. Thoughts?

I love mine and have even raced CX in them. Just a warmer set of Pro Team Bibs in feel, IMO. I had the bibs when they came out and didn't care for them at all but these hit the mark for my wintery winter rides.

makoti
08-11-2015, 10:54 PM
I love mine and have even raced CX in them. Just a warmer set of Pro Team Bibs in feel, IMO. I had the セ bibs when they came out and didn't care for them at all but these hit the mark for my wintery winter rides.

They say the legs are longer. My classics come down pretty far. How much longer are these?

gary_a_gooner
08-12-2015, 11:30 AM

They're my favorite bibs. I can't really specify how much heavier they are, but they're perfect when the temp is around 45-65. They're about 1-2 inches longer than classic bibs. I have long-ish legs so it works pretty well. I'd jump on them if I already didn't own a pair.

Avincent52
08-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks for not giving me the code, because my sleeper item, the
Vintage Long Sleeve Team Sky Jersey, which is all wool and seems like a versatile on-bike, off-bike piece went on sale for 50% off, from a reasonable $90 to a downright steal for $45.

http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/team-sky-long-sleeve-vintage-jersey/product/SVI01

Anyone know anything about the Team Sky training bibs?
I took a flyer on a pair, but they seem nice, I'm okay with the Team Sky color way, but I'm also okay without being a rolling billboard especially on shorts.
The blue stripe matches my helmet too.
Thoughts?

http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/team-sky-training-bib-short/product/TRB01

ANAO
08-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Can anyone chime in on Lightweight bibs/PT bibs preference? They're $180/$230 now.

Thx.

DCilliams
08-13-2015, 06:21 AM
Can anyone chime in on Lightweight bibs/PT bibs preference? They're $180/$230 now.

Thx.

I love the fit and breathability of my light-weight Pro Teams. They fit even better than the regular PTs in my opinion.

ANAO
08-13-2015, 06:27 AM
I love the fit and breathability of my light-weight Pro Teams. They fit even better than the regular PTs in my opinion.

I'm in a weird spot. My legs are just big enough to make the seams seem they're about to pop on the medium classics. I picked up a pair of lightweight PT's in large and they're phenomenal. The fit is great, but I went for a swim in the local lake with them and the pad sagged the next 50k.

That was last week. I hope its because they were wet and not because there large was too big - now I can't remember the fit pre-lake-dip!

Lovetoclimb
08-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Anyone know anything about the Team Sky training bibs?
I took a flyer on a pair, but they seem nice, I'm okay with the Team Sky color way, but I'm also okay without being a rolling billboard especially on shorts.
The blue stripe matches my helmet too.
Thoughts?

http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/team-sky-training-bib-short/product/TRB01

Having not put my hands on a pair, I would wager they are a blue stripe, minimally branded Sky version of the classic bibs. So fit and finish will be in line with those, as in different from the Pro Team version. I like them too, just far too flush with bibs right now.

gary_a_gooner
08-17-2015, 02:17 PM

Thx.

I have the lightweight bib. Nice lightweight (obviously) material. The band is a little tighter compared to the classic bibs. However, the stitching started to come loose close to the colored band. Rapha's CS is great and they are sending me a replacement right now.

bikeridah
08-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Final mark downs up to 60% off.

druptight
08-18-2015, 09:43 AM
I love how Rapha has a phone number, and every time I've ever called it no one answers and the mailbox is full.

Anyone else ever order something and it says "dispatched" but there's no tracking information? All my previous orders say it shipped and provide tracking. Not so this time, and I haven't seen the stuff yet - although today is only the 4th business day.

ANAO
08-18-2015, 09:45 AM
My stuff usually comes a week later.

Can nobody please order the lightweight bibs in Large (yellow)? I'm waiting for my price adjustment coupon to come in. K thanks.

druptight
08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
My stuff usually comes a week later.

Can nobody please order the lightweight bibs in Large (yellow)? I'm waiting for my price adjustment coupon to come in. K thanks.

You know you'll buy something there again. Order now, save coupon for next purchase.

AngryScientist
08-18-2015, 09:53 AM
couldnt help it, that's too good of a price to pass up on the lightweight bibs.

ANAO
08-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Yes you're both right. And it's just cheap enough not to give free shipping.

Well, the other club jersey just went on a deeper sale...

druptight
08-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Yes you're both right. And it's just cheap enough not to give free shipping.

Well, the other club jersey just went on a deeper sale...

I always just add socks.

moose8
08-18-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm tempted by those bibs. Always wanted to try some rapha ones but have never spent more than $90 on shorts/bibs but maybe it's time.

Does anyone know if the sizing is consistent with the jerseys, which I have a bunch of - if I'm an XL in the jersey is XL likely in the bottoms assuming normal proportions?

ANAO
08-18-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm tempted by those bibs. Always wanted to try some rapha ones but have never spent more than $90 on shorts/bibs but maybe it's time.

Does anyone know if the sizing is consistent with the jerseys, which I have a bunch of - if I'm an XL in the jersey is XL likely in the bottoms assuming normal proportions?

Normal for...a football player? A track racer? A billiards shark?

I wear a medium jersey and only this season went up to their Large bibs. My trunk/thigh measurement got too big this past winter. Too much riding, or something like that.

So...I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

ptourkin
08-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Me too. Be careful with the straps, though. Easy to put your thumb through.

druptight
08-18-2015, 10:29 AM
I wear XL in both the jerseys and classic bibs at 5'9" 190ish. I could fit into a L classic bib if you like them more compressive, XL is nice if you want them still snug but not so you look like a sausage.

That said, no experience with the lightweight version.

Also, they offer free returns and your order will be over $150 if you buy two pair. So buy both, get the free shipping and return the ones that don't fit free of charge. Triple win.

DCilliams
08-18-2015, 10:30 AM

Noted. Yeah, they're definitely thin. I love them. I need more but the Rapha sale never had any size larges (I think).

makoti
08-18-2015, 10:48 AM
They've got bibs I would get, but only in "short". Didn't know they had different lengths. Anyone know how different they are from "regular"?

EDIT: never mind. found it: For the 2015 season the lightweight shorts are available in two leg lengths –regular and short, cut 3cm shorter specifically for the hottest conditions – and feature an improved gripper and new colourways."

ANAO
08-18-2015, 10:51 AM
I got short...because my thermal ones were long.

Made sense.

SlackMan
08-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Wait, WHAT?! :confused: Are they so fragile that simply putting them on / taking them off could tear the straps? I've been sitting here staring at the site wondering if I should order some of those, but the fragility would make it a total non-starter for me.

makoti
08-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Noted. Yeah, they're definitely thin. I love them. I need more but the Rapha sale never had any size larges (I think).

They have some today. Could have gotten the regular length in Large, just not Medium.

ANAO
08-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Wait, WHAT?! :confused: Are they so fragile that simply putting them on / taking them off could tear the straps? I've been sitting here staring at the site wondering if I should order some of those, but the fragility would make it a total non-starter for me.

They're pretty thin for ultimate breathability. I wouldn't call them paper...

ptourkin
08-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Also, the chamois is black. It's possible to leave the house at 445 with them on inside out. Theoretically....:banana:

thwart
08-18-2015, 11:50 AM
The Classic bibs are similar.

Yes, I have (almost) left the house with the pad on the outside.

Only the combination of an idiot owner up very early and putting them on in a dark bedroom could allow this to happen, however. :help:

DCilliams
08-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Are the Pro Team Lightweights cut short like the regular lightweights?

Avincent52
08-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Let me put in a word for the Team Sky Vintage Long Sleeve Jersey.
I bought a pile of Rapha stuff and aside from a pair of gloves this jersey was the cheapest at $45, and in many ways the coolest.
It's 100% wool so you'd need to wear some kind of base layer underneath it (it is a bit itchy) but it's really is a beautifully made piece with a nice retro feel.

And again, at $45 it's a bargain.

makoti
08-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Yes, I have (almost) left the house with the pad on the outside.

Only the combination of an idiot owner up very early and putting them on in a dark bedroom could allow this to happen, however. :help:

A friend of mine will be very happy to read this. He got out of the house and into a ride before he noticed. ;)

gary_a_gooner
08-20-2015, 09:08 AM
For those that purchased early in the sale and got a price adjustment after further reductions; how long did it take for the credit appear?

ANAO
08-20-2015, 09:11 AM
A day.

rwsaunders
08-20-2015, 10:32 AM
I ordered a Team Sky Tricolor jersey as I thought that it might make a decent Summer jersey and the graphics were minimal. Much lighter wool blend than the Classic and Brevet jerseys, but also a smaller fit. I confirmed that I'm a full zip guy too as it seemed a pain to take off, so I returned it for another Brevet jersey. It appeared to be very well made and I noted that it was made in Portugal.