PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

mike p
05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I feel very good on a certain bike with a 58 tt and 120 stem. I'd like to buy a new bike but use a 130 or 140 stem. What do i need to take into account to end up with the same overall reach as with my old bike. Can anyone explain the steps you would take to ensure I'll end up with same overall reach? I have other bikes but I'ved tried to setup but always seem to end up a couple cm's off.
Thanks
Mike

catulle
05-06-2006, 04:56 PM
I feel very good on a certain bike with a 58 tt and 120 stem. I'd like to buy a new bike but use a 130 or 140 stem. What do i need to take into account to end up with the same overall reach as with my old bike. Can anyone explain the steps you would take to ensure I'll end up with same overall reach? I have other bikes but I'ved tried to setup but always seem to end up a couple cm's off.
Thanks
Mike

The guys who know have told me that once you change one parameter, all else changes. Also, my mom told me that if it works, don't change it, iirc. Hey, I'm happy with my stem, atmo. :banana:

mike p
05-06-2006, 08:14 PM
The guys who know have told me that once you change one parameter, all else changes. Also, my mom told me that if it works, don't change it, iirc. Hey, I'm happy with my stem, atmo. :banana:

It's hard to believe that your fit on such a simple machine as a bicycle can be such a pain to duplicate. I would think someone would have a program that yould could plug numbers into and there would be no guesswork.

Mike

catulle
05-06-2006, 08:18 PM
It's hard to believe that your fit on such a simple machine as a bicycle can be such a pain to duplicate.

Mike

Nothing simple about defying gravity, bro, atmo.