PDA

View Full Version : Seeking pricing advice on wheelset

SlackMan
08-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Mods, if this is not right the forum for this, please move...and my apologies.

I'm seeking pricing advice on a wheelset. It has silver Campy Record hubs (currently 10-speed cassette so I guess that makes it 8 through 11 speed compatible?), laced with silver spokes to 32h black Aerohead Rims. Mileage is unknown, but the hubs spin perfectly and the brake tracks show very little wear. I have searched the forum for old listings, but I couldn't find exact match with pricing info. Thanks in advance!

AngryScientist
08-02-2015, 07:23 PM
see the classifieds rules. just put a price on the things and see how it goes please.

if they are in good shape, i'd say start at $350 and see if you get any bites, if not, lower it from there, that would be a decent place to start on this forum.

SlackMan
08-02-2015, 07:28 PM
see the classifieds rules. just put a price on the things and see how it goes please.

Sorry, I don't mean to violate any rules. My thread is not meant to be a 'for sale' without a price. Indeed, I'm trying to figure out whether I can sell them and mostly finance a conversion of the drivetrain to 11-speed so I can use some Shimano wheels I have. If I can't finance that conversion, then I'll just keep the Campy wheels and sell the Shimano ones (I'm comfortable knowing a price for them).

AngryScientist
08-02-2015, 07:35 PM
moved to GD for some discussion.

as i mentioned, i think they're worth somewhere south of $350ish. i just bought a set myself on ebay for significantly less than that in perfect shape, although open pro rims. since the wide rim craze is in full effect, the old crop of narrow rim'd wheels is just worth less. record hubs are nice though.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Oyigj3LGb8Y/Va7w4Q3iqKI/AAAAAAAACMc/MTThDYEJk8s/s900/P1080531x.png

m_sasso
08-02-2015, 11:36 PM
This posting might give you some ideas on pricing or value. I purchased these and still think they were a great deal, http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=151130

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1697883128&stc=1&d=1403997003

oldpotatoe
08-03-2015, 06:24 AM
Mods, if this is not right the forum for this, please move...and my apologies.

I'm seeking pricing advice on a wheelset. It has silver Campy Record hubs (currently 10-speed cassette so I guess that makes it 8 through 11 speed compatible?), laced with silver spokes to 32h black Aerohead Rims. Mileage is unknown, but the hubs spin perfectly and the brake tracks show very little wear. I have searched the forum for old listings, but I couldn't find exact match with pricing info. Thanks in advance!

First, if they are 10s compatible, then 9s and 11s but not 8s.

Doubt you find any kind of 'exact match' info.

When new-these wheels went for about $600, hubs, rims, spokes, labor. Used, whatever the market will bear.

christian
08-03-2015, 06:47 AM
I'd pay $325 so I think AS is in the ballpark.

SlackMan
08-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks all! I have another thread trying to sort out Campy drivetrain - Shimano cassette compatibility as an alternative to converting to 11 speed drivetrain. I'll make a decision after figuring it all out.