PDA

View Full Version : Garmin EDGe 305 frustrating

bobswire
08-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Is so frustrating. Started using it again, turned it on and watched while it located satellite hook and started my ride. Did a real nice workout to test my HR . Got back to the house, hooked it up to the computer and nada no date, I forgot to push start and stop.:crap::crap:

Is there a computer out there when you turn it on it automatically starts recording data when you're moving and stops when you stand still ?

Too many times I lose data because I forget to push start or while riding don't push it hard enough for the function to engage.

I just want to turn it on and have it automatically record all the basic data, HR, Speed, Distance,grade, ascent descent etc. until I turn it off.

kramnnim
08-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Some of the Edge units have a setting to where it will pop up a message asking if you want to start recording as soon as it senses movement...

bobswire
08-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Some of the Edge units have a setting to where it will pop up a message asking if you want to start recording as soon as it senses movement...

Cool, I'll check it out.

kramnnim
08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Sadly, it doesn't look like the 305 has this feature... The 500 does, and I assume all the newer ones.

(305 manual here- http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/967_OwnersManual.pdf)

R3awak3n
08-02-2015, 06:06 PM
its true, my 800 asks me if I want to start when it detects movement (cadence or speed). Its nice because I have forgot to start it before. There is also a setting that pauses the GPS if you are going less than a certain miles per hour (I dont remember the number but its low) and then it starts up when you go up to speed again.

LJohnny
08-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah, most newer models will ask or actually automatically record. I think the Magellan cyclo computers will actually record automatically, IIRC.