PDA

View Full Version : Recos for frame builder to retrofit steel Peg for EPS v2

bikeridah
07-29-2015, 06:44 PM
I've talked myself into keeping my Peg provided I can swap on EPS.

I did searches but came up empty for frame builders who can retrofit steel frames for internal battery ideally.

Gracias!

Kirk007
07-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Maybe Tom Kellogg? Does a lot of restoration work.

Peter P.
07-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Where are you located? Maybe we can drum up a local framebuilder for you to contact.

bikeridah
07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Where are you located? Maybe we can drum up a local framebuilder for you to contact.

Northern NJ

oldpotatoe
07-30-2015, 05:56 AM
I've talked myself into keeping my Peg provided I can swap on EPS.

I did searches but came up empty for frame builders who can retrofit steel frames for internal battery ideally.

Gracias!

Biggest 'issue' will be if you have access around the BB shell for the wires. If when you look in the BB shell, you can see the seat, down and chainstay open ends, really easy. Fewer holes for internal, mod the seat stay bottle bosses, no hole to get wires of battery inside frame first, a hole for charge port. But if you do have access, a decent frame builder could do this easily. Heck, I even modded my MXLeader for external battery EPS.

RedRider
07-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Biggest 'issue' will be if you have access around the BB shell for the wires. If when you look in the BB shell, you can see the seat, down and chainstay open ends, really easy. Fewer holes for internal, mod the seat stay bottle bosses, no hole to get wires of battery inside frame first, a hole for charge port. But if you do have access, a decent frame builder could do this easily. Heck, I even modded my MXLeader for external battery EPS.

It will be difficult to do internal EPS on a Pegoretti. I agree with OP in that you need access to the BB and connecting tubes. The Italian threaded BB is small, by current standards, and Dario gives barely a CM diameter access to the connecting tubes...
External EPS wiring on a Peg is outlawed in most civilized countries.

oldpotatoe
07-30-2015, 05:24 PM
It will be difficult to do internal EPS on a Pegoretti. I agree with OP in that you need access to the BB and connecting tubes. The Italian threaded BB is small, by current standards, and Dario gives barely a CM diameter access to the connecting tubes...
External EPS wiring on a Peg is outlawed in most civilized countries.

I did my MXLeader, not a lot of room but actually pretty easy. Just the wire over the BB tube to DTI and back aft to rear der. Charge port could be at base of seat tube. Wires are only about MM in diameter.

Kirk Pacenti
07-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Tom Kellogg was the first builder to come to mind for me as well...

Cheers,
KP