PDA

View Full Version : OT : for the site admin

velotel
07-29-2015, 03:16 AM
There really is some sort of problem with some software and it not recognizing things like apostrophes in words and inserting oddities instead, though I suspect those oddities are in fact the html code behind the apostrophe, that which tells the browser to put an apostrophe in this place. I've seen it on a few posts so it's not just copying from Word to the site.

But I'm sure you're already aware of this but just in case, thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

AngryScientist
07-29-2015, 05:43 AM
i'll make sure Keith sees this and see what he can do about it, thanks for pointing out.

phcollard
07-29-2015, 06:08 AM
I noticed that too. Next time I see it I take a screenshot and post it here.

fkelly
07-29-2015, 08:19 AM
It's easy

It's easy.

The first line was typed into the editor here and saved. No problem.

The second line was typed into an Open Office Document, saved as Word, then copied and pasted here. In both cases, I am not seeing the problem. Perhaps it's been fixed. I am not seeing either the direct option to Paste From Word which many wysiwyg editors such as this one have. That's no problem ... Paste from Word normally creates more problems than it solves.

Keith A
07-30-2015, 01:03 PM
I have seen this problem and haven't had the chance to figure this out yet. I just don't see how our server move would have caused this, but stranger things have happened.

Keith A
07-31-2015, 08:31 AM
This is irritating, in the past I had no problem using the degree symbol. Now it comes out like this ー