PDA

View Full Version : Lynskey Sale Length

joe.e
07-29-2015, 01:31 AM
Anyone know how long lynskey usually runs their sales? I've been looking REALLY hard for a ti bike in my size (smallish), and have so far come up short. I was checking their loft section and noticed that all their complete bikes are on sale, and although its a little over budget, getting something just the way you want it is worth something.

I was going to wait a bit, post in classifieds (when I'm allowed), check the usual spots (cl/ebay), and really narrow it down to just what I want, but I'm kinda concerned about missin' the boat.

So, anyone know?

notoriousdjw
07-29-2015, 01:57 AM
365 days each year.

In my experience there is always a sale at Lynskey.

joe.e
07-29-2015, 08:49 AM
365 days each year.

In my experience there is always a sale at Lynskey.

That's what I keep seeing when I google this sorta thing, but I know when I've been checking their site nothing has been 'on sale,' but if you live chat the sales reps there is suddenly a lot of wiggle room.

It looks like they're one of those companies that prices everything at x, but then actually sells it for y so you think you're getting some amazing deal (1k off a price that was never a price...)

notoriousdjw
07-29-2015, 09:10 AM
I can only speak about the Cooper which I've window-shopped over the years. It used to be $1895 for the frame while complete bikes were $3000-$3500. Now the frame is $2995 while built bikes are $3500. At $2995 I can't see how they would ever sell a frame (good custom frames available at that price) so it's obviously just a sales tactic.

joe.e
07-29-2015, 09:15 AM
I can only speak about the Cooper which I've window-shopped over the years. It used to be $1895 for the frame while complete bikes were $3000-$3500. Now the frame is $2995 while built bikes are $3500. At $2995 I can't see how they would ever sell a frame (good custom frames available at that price) so it's obviously just a sales tactic.

right now, on the bikes I'm looking at, the complete is the same price as the frameset...

Hank Scorpio
07-29-2015, 10:52 AM
Do the tricycles ever go on sale?

Anyone hold a Litespeed version they are looking to unload?

SELFdizolve
08-02-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm in the same boat. Wanted to buy a used Ti frame, but their completes seem like a deal.