PDA

View Full Version : Recommend full finger leather gloves

stephenmarklay
07-26-2015, 05:41 PM
I started wearing Knog brand gloves after a bad crash and my normal gloves shredded like tissue paper resulting in stitches and lots of knuckle skinning.

Know looks like they no longer sell gloves but there are a few still around. Does anyone else have some they like? I am looking for comfort, style and protection so no work glove and garden gloves :cool:

carpediemracing
07-26-2015, 06:16 PM
I've been wearing CamelBak's "tactical" gloves. Apparently the shop got them by accident so I bought the pair from them. No field test per se, i.e. I haven't scraped them on the ground at 30 mph.

Googled them, CamelBak Vent gloves (http://shop.camelbak.com/Military-Tactical/vent-gloves/d/50197_c_3410_cl_2472). No padding, fine in 90+ degree heat (last race I did was 90-98 deg F, depending on who you asked). I've had them 2 years now?

I used Mechanix gloves, shredded them in a fall in 2009. No hand injuries but the gloves were done. Also no padding.

kgreene10
07-26-2015, 06:47 PM
I've been doing crits in Austin this summer in Bontrager MTB Vent gloves (I think that's the model name but could be wrong). It's hard to tell how hot they are because my whole body is boiling!

Ttx1
07-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Giro Ambient City - not really four seaon, but excellent.

I also like the POC full finger gloves, which have less padding in the palm, very light overall.

RyanH
07-26-2015, 08:03 PM
I've crashed twice both over 25mph with Pearl Izumi divide gloves. I don't know how much contact my hand made since I'm pretty sure I didn't reach out (good way to break your clavicle), but palms were unscathed both times. Venting is good and minimal padding.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RyanH
07-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh, I just remembered that I have a pair that my dog decided to chew the finger off. Any idea for testing its ability to resist pavement?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

b021c
07-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Pearl Izumi makes some beautiful, grippy & comfy Keirin gloves and Rapha made a killer track set way way back in their beginning. That said, Giro & Rapha offer leather full finger gloves in their Urban/Townie lines currently I believe.

jmoore
07-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Give me some time to get the short finger leather gloves moving and I'll get on the full finger leather glove design next.

stephenmarklay
07-31-2015, 04:05 PM
Give me some time to get the short finger leather gloves moving and I'll get on the full finger leather glove design next.

Nice. I will be in line. Actually, I can beta test them :)

jmoore
07-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Nice. I will be in line. Actually, I can beta test them :)
You are in as a tester! Shoot me an email and ill get your info

stephenmarklay
07-31-2015, 04:22 PM
you are in as a tester! Shoot me an email and ill get your info

schweet

JWDR
08-01-2015, 07:30 AM

When you want to test full finger gloves, I'd be in. I wear the same full finger gloves fit on road and off as well as wearing them while riding my motorcycle.

CNY rider
08-01-2015, 08:49 AM
I have some full finger leather gloves from Rapha that I got years back on sale. I'm way too cheap to pay what they charge now.
Damn are they good gloves.
I wouldn't wear them or any other full finger gloves in the heat but they are wonderful in the spring and fall. I have years of use in them and they are still in excellent shape.