PDA

View Full Version : OT: WeatherTech Floormat or Floorliner?

FastforaSlowGuy
07-23-2015, 03:43 PM
I need new floormats, and I hear WeatherTechs are the cat's pajamas. Thoughts on the floor mats vs. the floor liner? It gets mucky here in MA in the winter, but maybe the liner is still overkill?

Chris
07-23-2015, 03:44 PM
I have always used them. They are great.

MadRocketSci
07-23-2015, 03:44 PM
they used lasers! :hello::banana:;)

curlybro
07-23-2015, 03:52 PM
The President of Weathertech is a cyclist. Really nice guy as well.

rzthomas
07-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Good people at Weathertech -- that's a company worth supporting, for sure.

donevwil
07-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Just put a front mat set in my minivan, very nice fit and quality. I would have preferred the liner, but it wasn't available for my application. I also wish they had more than two colors to choose from. The left and right halves do interlock at the center which is pretty cool. They are not as thick as I'd imagined (they replaced a cheap imitation that was annoyingly thick) which was another plus.

RacerJRP
07-23-2015, 04:10 PM
I have a set and they are very nice. Go with the liner. Not much else to say abou tthem besides they fit really well, look good, and do what they are supposed to.

Fishbike
07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Great product as others have said. Not inexpensive but good value. Made in USA.

Ed-B
07-23-2015, 04:17 PM
We live in Maine. We used floor mats before the liners were developed. Mats are good in rainy weather, but floor liners are the way to go for Winter climates. They're deeper, they hold all the slushy salty stuff, and fit the contours of the footwells perfectly. When we buy a new vehicle we buy the whole WeatherTech floor package; front and rear liners and cargo tray. It really saves the carpeting.

Avincent52
07-23-2015, 04:26 PM
I've used the OEM rubber floormats from the company (BMW, Mazda) and I've been very happy with them.
But if your company's floor mats aren't great, the Weathertech is a good alternative.

Frankwurst
07-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Floor liners. Wisconsin approved. Hunting, fishing, cycling and all the slop this hell hole of an environment can throw at them and I'm far from Mr. Vehicle interior maintenance. Gott'em in Mrs. Wurst car and my truck. Three thumbs up.:beer:

djg21
07-23-2015, 07:17 PM
I need new floormats, and I hear WeatherTechs are the cat's pajamas. Thoughts on the floor mats vs. the floor liner? It gets mucky here in MA in the winter, but maybe the liner is still overkill?

What kind of car? I have the liners in my Tacoma and generally like them. The hard plastic is a little slippery, especially with hard-soled shoes. They were really slippery when new, and have gotten better over time (they have been in my truck for one year and 15k miles). I liked the feel of the rubber all-season mats in my previous car (BMW) better. But the Weathertechs cover the entire carpeted area in my front seats and protect better than my old mats.

dustyrider
07-23-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure about your questions. Liner vs. mat.
I got the "digital" fit version recently and they're a perfect fit for my car.

You can dump out an entire can of your perferred beverage and it won't matter! Just take them out of the car and clean as you see fit. Would be perfect for winter shoe mess.

I used to have black which always looked dirty, so I went with grey this time.
Autoanything.com was a pleasure to deal with if you don't want to go directly to weather tech. Same price. But they had other car goodies I needed.

jamesau
07-23-2015, 08:41 PM
You might also check out Cocomats. I got the sisal version after my Weathertechs wore out. Weathertechs are probably better for frequent muddy conditions but I otherwise prefer the Cocomats.

FastforaSlowGuy
07-23-2015, 08:43 PM
WeatherTech makes the laser fit liners but they also make rubber all weather floor mats. The liners go up the side etc but rubber mats tend to be very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veloo
07-24-2015, 12:44 AM
I've had the Weathertech digital fit for several years and they are great. The sides protect the carpet area and that's a big deal north of the border where they salt a lot in the winter.
The back ones cover the hump as well so passengers won't get the hump carpet all dirty.
On the Subaru Toronto forum, someone said the Husky brand mats actually give better coverage than the Weathertechs.

http://www.huskyliners.com/Floor-Mats-Floor-Liners

I took a look and the Huskys cover the gas release lever which the Weathertechs don't. I think someone said the Husky's ride a bit higher on the sides and under the foot pedals so a bit more coverage overall which again can make a bigger difference when you have a lot of salt in the winter. Would save me the trouble of cleaning out the salt every summer.

evo111@comcast.net
07-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Use the Floor liners in My SUV when living in New England - they are great!

JayBay
07-24-2015, 10:18 AM
I've got the WT floor liners in my Mazda 3 and they're great. Definitely the way to go for around here.

gavingould
07-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Floor Liners in my TDI Sportwagen. Also know the U.S. operations president, used to be on the same club. He's got a killer Ellis road bike and is a pretty damn fast 'crosser.

WT apparently makes the standard all-weather mats for many cars, they're fine too, but the liners are a nice upgrade.

benb
07-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Digital Fit = Floorliners.

Get the floor liners.. they're awesome for bad weather. I would back up what others have said.. they can hold an entire soda/contents of a baby bottle, etc..

Only weakness in the ones in my car (Subaru Outback) is the fuel filler door release is on the floor on the drivers side.. lots of cars have this, and the floor liner is built to go around it, but it ends up meaning debris can fall into the latch area for the door release. My wife's Accord would have the same issue.

Not sure what the solution would be but that is the only weakness. I've never seen another mat that solved this problem anyway though.

josephr
07-24-2015, 12:07 PM
The OEM all-weather mats were less expensive than the WeatherTech for my Mazda...really like the weather mats...never had a floorliner though so can't really compare. Really like 'em...won't ever do carpet mats again (unless I win the lottery and buy a fancy/plush ride).

mktng
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Weather Tech > OEM any day.
You pay the price, but they are worth it.
Only complaint....They usually dont cover up the dead pedal 100%