PDA

View Full Version : D2 Shoe had relocated to Southern California.

djg21
07-23-2015, 01:23 PM
I just was speaking with Don Lamson about my new shoes :hello: and he has relocated D2 shoe to Los Angeles, CA. If you're in the area, he's looking for people to show him the local rides, and he's available there to do fittings.

http://www.d2shoe.com/contact.php

David Kirk
07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Cool guy and the best shoes I've ever owned hands down.......or should that be 'foots down'?

Great shoes.

dave

Hermes_Alex
07-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Do they come in gator skin?

djg21
07-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Do they come in gator skin?

I'd bet he can find a synthetic gator skin for you. My recollection is that he won't use animal products. Call him!

07-23-2015, 02:20 PM
I've bought several pairs from Don and yes, he's amazing. His shoes are finished better than other custom shoes and his attention to your personal needs is unmatched. He's highly inventive and creative; and must have been a podiatrist in a prior life. You won't go wrong.

timto
07-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Just went to this site for the first time and am pretty intrigued - especially after having issues this season for the first time ever of a numb toe in road or mtb shoes. I've bought several pair of shoes in attempts to solve this to no avail. Trying to modify my pedaling technique and position too to little effect.

Nice to hear the raves.

David Kirk
07-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Just went to this site for the first time and am pretty intrigued - especially after having issues this season for the first time ever of a numb toe in road or mtb shoes. I've bought several pair of shoes in attempts to solve this to no avail. Trying to modify my pedaling technique and position too to little effect.

Nice to hear the raves.

I have numerous foot issues that nearly kept me off the bike years ago and I bought a pair of custom shoes from a company that I think is now gone and they really didn't work for me. In desperation I ordered a pair of D2's and I've had then now for about 10 years and they are still just wonderful. No pain, great fit, light and stiff - great shoe.

I've said it before but will say it again - they are the best money I've ever spent on my cycling.

dave

Rusty Luggs
07-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Cool guy and the best shoes I've ever owned hands down.......or should that be 'foots down'?

Great shoes.

dave

Sorry, -1 for me.
Unfortunately the whole Lamson bankruptcy fiasco from ages ago left enough of a bad taste to make me a lifetime non-customer.

David Kirk
07-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Sorry, -1 for me.
Unfortunately the whole Lamson bankruptcy fiasco from ages ago left enough of a bad taste to make me a lifetime non-customer.

Bummer - sorry to hear it didn't work out well for you like it did in my case.

dave

John H.
07-23-2015, 03:51 PM
I am going to say that it is worth giving Don a second chance.
If you search the forum, you will find that I commented about a pair of shoes that Don made me that did not work out.
To make a long story short I sent them back a couple times, but I did not stick with it until I achieved 100%. Just didn't work out.
Fast forward to last summer- I went to see Don in Colorado.
I have been having problems with my feet for about 3 years. I had already had 2 surgeries on my sesamoid bones and needed a redo on my left foot.
Don took my foot impressions and many measurements. He looked at my current shoes and orthotics.
He realized that I had a foot that would be very tough to work out the fit via mail order (as was the case before). The structure of my foot is very loose, so the size that it is with no weight on it is different from the size that it is fully weighted.
I had surgery again in October of 2014 so I had Don hold of on constructing the shoes.
He made my shoes in February 2015- that was about the time that I needed for my foot to recover.
I sent them back once for modification and they were fine after that.
I must say that they take time to break in because they are made to last vs. being made of super light material that conforms but wears out.
This is the 1st pair of shoes that I have ever had that truly fit the shape of my foot.
They have very narrow heels and wide and broad toe box. Left and right shoes are a slightly different size and girth. I always had problems fitting both feet. If one was right, the other shoe was wrong.
No stock shoe could fit my foot like this.
If you have bad feet or have never had a shoe that fits your foot right you should be calling Don.
If you can swing a visit- you should do it. The outcome will be even better IMO.
His location looks to be easy to access- just fly in to Burbank Airport. Far easier than Eagle, CO.
Sounds like when all is up and running in Tujunga they should be able to get the turnaround time down to a reasonable wait.
I paid full price for my shoes.
PM me if you have other questions about my experience.

djg21
07-23-2015, 04:25 PM
When Don started D2, I know he took great pains to make good on all of the commitments to customers of Lamson Designs despite the fact that he had no legal obligation to so. Lamson Designs undoubtedly did not fair as Don had hoped it would, and you certainly are free to spend your money as you wish, but I'm glad he persisted and continues to manufacture such a great product.

ultraman6970
07-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Totally dig this...

http://www.d2shoe.com/home/images/flashback_submarine.jpg

Rusty Luggs
07-24-2015, 05:35 AM
When Don started D2, I know he took great pains to make good on all of the commitments to customers of Lamson Designs despite the fact that he had no legal obligation to so. Lamson Designs undoubtedly did not fair as Don had hoped it would, and you certainly are free to spend your money as you wish, but I'm glad he persisted and continues to manufacture such a great product.

Just to be clear, my opinion is based solely on my direct personal experience, not on anyone elseç—´ experiences or what they heard. What I am glad about is that there are alternatives that work perfectly fine for me.