PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rental Suggestion in the East Bay?

Matt-H
07-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a road bike rental in the Walnut Creek area? Thanks!

icepick_trotsky
07-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Just test ride a Rivendell. They let me take one out for as long as I liked, no questions asked. Cool shop, too.

SeventyNine
07-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I went in there to buy some minor little things and they encouraged me to take it out for the day. I didn't since I had no time to do so but they were definitely cool about it. They say people take them out to Mt. Diablo for the day and come back later to return it. I'd go with that.

weisan
09-02-2015, 02:21 PM
I went in there to buy some minor little things and they encouraged me to take it out for the day. I didn't since I had no time to do so but they were definitely cool about it. They say people take them out to Mt. Diablo for the day and come back later to return it. I'd go with that.

WOw...I will be interested in finding out which bike shop you are referring to, consider that I have a trip to Oakland coming up later this month. :D

CMiller
09-02-2015, 02:32 PM
WOw...I will be interested in finding out which bike shop you are referring to, consider that I have a trip to Oakland coming up later this month. :D

Pretty sure they're also talking about Rivendell. The people there are veerrrry NorCal cool haha No pressure from the sales staff ever, it's not their style. They'd be happy to let you ride any of their bikes as long as you liked. For a fun road ride, I recommend the A Homer Hilsen.

Just a word, trust their sizing, it will be very different than you're used to, but they have a different style.

weisan
09-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Thank you CMiller-pal!

EDS
09-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Have you tried spinlister.com?