PDA

View Full Version : Skratch Labs - tangential relation to crime really does pay?

54ny77
07-22-2015, 07:26 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-22/skratch-labs-sports-drink-benefits-from-tour-de-france-origin

"Skratch has expanded sales by more than 100 percent each year, earning just less than $5 million in 2014."

Would perhaps be interesting to hear what he really knows. Then again, who really g.a.s.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/landis-and-lim-clash-over-cycle-of-lies/

Raffy
07-22-2015, 07:39 PM
In reality, it probably does pay. To be honest, most people will buy a product that they like regardless of who's behind it. Whether one admits that or not is another question.

CunegoFan
07-22-2015, 08:55 PM
You can always use Osmo, which was founded by the woman who did the research for Skratch and was then screwed by Lim out of her share of the company.

herb5998
07-22-2015, 09:09 PM
I've used it since it was SDM, regardless of Lim's past, it's a good product that I find does the best for myself...

I imagine he has some interesting Floyd and RadioShack stories....

LJohnny
07-22-2015, 09:47 PM
You can always use Osmo, which was founded by the woman who did the research for Skratch and was then screwed by Lim out of her share of the company.

Wow, I didn't know that. I recently started using Osmo and it is quite good actually, if not just for being a bit pricey.

azrider
07-22-2015, 10:08 PM

Reeeeaallllly................I too have used Osmo and knew it was started by a woman but had no knowledge of the background you mention.

If true it would make me want to support Osmo even more (even though her stuff is pretty solid and speaks for itself)

FlashUNC
07-22-2015, 10:10 PM
I got the cookbook. That's about the limit of my support. Don't care for the drink mix, not my cuppa tea.

bcroslin
07-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Scratch tastes great but is too expensive. I buy Gatorade powder and mix it on the weak side. I've also starting mixing in sweet tea mix to make an Arnold Palmer sports drink.

Charles M
07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
EVERYONE IN THE CYCLING INDUSTRY, before and during, benefited from Lance in a big way.

Everyone...

It takes a special kind of ego for anyone in the industry to think they were outside that circle.

LJohnny
07-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Common, let us not be disingenuous here. There are six degrees of "doubt" and there are zero degrees of separation:
http://www.wired.com/2014/02/skratch-labs/

Please do not insult our cycling-sphere perceptions!

Sent from my brain

LJohnny
07-22-2015, 11:24 PM
EVERYONE IN THE CYCLING INDUSTRY, before and during, benefited from Lance in a big way.

Everyone...

It takes a special kind of ego for anyone in the industry to think they were outside that circle.

I meant to quote this post for the above reply... On mobile, so can't easily edit that...

Sent from my brain

mgm777
07-23-2015, 01:21 AM

Everyone...

+1000. Exactly!

verticaldoug
07-23-2015, 04:18 AM
I got the cookbook. That's about the limit of my support. Don't care for the drink mix, not my cuppa tea.

Take Mom's Fried Rice recipe, smash it into little squares (ever hear of Japanese Onigiri) and wow, I am a genius writing a cookbook.

rnhood
07-23-2015, 05:00 AM
Skratch is better tasting and seemingly easier to drink than Osmo in my opinion. Both are good products. But I take the easy way out, and have been using Gatorade.

I hope they all become very successful.

54ny77
07-23-2015, 06:59 AM
Ehhhh, what's up, doc. :eek:

"Still, Lim’s time with Landis was traumatizing. “I was not the guy who helped Floyd Landis dope, but I was the guy who helped Floyd Landis survive doping,” Lim says in a rare moment of open frustration at the accusations he’s faced since. “And some·times I wish I had just let him die.”

Of course, he adds quickly, “I wouldn’t do that.” Instead, after that 2005 Tour de France, he joined forces with a kindred spirit: Jonathan Vaughters, a former pro cyclist determined to clean up the sport. "

----------------

" “Until he’s prepared to come clean with his involvement with Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong, I am not interested in supporting him in anything he does,” longtime Slipstream team physician Prentice Steffen says. (Vaughters had even less to say about his former ally, declining to comment for this article.)"

josephr
07-23-2015, 08:35 AM
this is akin to not eating Chick-Fil-A as they oppose gay marriage??? sorry, Chick-Fil-A is an awesome sandwich, and not going to Chick-Fil-A once a month isn't going to make a whole hill of beans of a difference.

Joachim
07-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Dr. Ferrari has no shortage of coaching clients through his website

54ny77
07-23-2015, 09:27 AM
That wasn't the intent of the post in case you were inferring that.

I'm simply saying that, as Pez pointed out, many connected with bad guys seem to live on & thrive in the cycling industry.

I'm not a user of the type of products Lim makes anyway, so I couldn't care less how much or if they succeed.

this is akin to not eating Chick-Fil-A as they oppose gay marriage??? sorry, Chick-Fil-A is an awesome sandwich, and not going to Chick-Fil-A once a month isn't going to make a whole hill of beans of a difference.

kgreene10
07-23-2015, 12:06 PM

And based in my hometown of Fairfax CA just next to Sunshine Bikes where I bought my first ever road bike, a 1985 Specialized Allez.

velomonkey
07-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Sill won't eat Chick-Fil-A - politics aside, if I'm going fast food franchise burger, I'm going full cow - SMASH Burger - not some substitute white meat from Chicken.