PDA

View Full Version : PSA: free camelbak water bottles at thefeed.com

josephr
07-20-2015, 08:29 AM
apologies if this is posted before...

when you logon to thefeed.com, there's an offer for a free camelback bottle and some scratch labs stuff...you do have to pay $5.95 for shipping unless you buy $49 worth of stuff (which is what they want, right?)

here's the PSA --- enter the coupon code 'freebottle' and you get a second bottle! sweet!

ergott
07-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks!

tele
07-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Sweet deal :banana:

dustyrider
07-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Just saw this the other day and caved to my honey stinger addiction...should be here today!

Lewis Moon
07-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks!

tumbler
07-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Nice, thanks!

makoti
07-20-2015, 10:20 AM
apologies if this is posted before...

when you logon to thefeed.com, there's an offer for a free camelback bottle and some scratch labs stuff...you do have to pay $5.95 for shipping unless you buy $49 worth of stuff (which is what they want, right?)

here's the PSA --- enter the coupon code 'freebottle' and you get a second bottle! sweet!

2nd bottle AND samples of skratch! Extra sweet! Such a sucker for free stuff.

warren128
07-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the tip! I just signed up.

Great deal. :beer:

rwsaunders
07-20-2015, 11:22 AM
thanks for the heads up.

aosty
07-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks josephr! I got suckered in also. :banana:

Link for $5 off... https://thefeed.com/?raf=26730
Full disclosure - it's their referral deal and I get $10 off.

Henrythewound
07-20-2015, 11:36 AM
aosty I used your link, hopefully you get your coupon. Here's mine if anyone feels like ordering, great deal thanks OP.

https://thefeed.com/?raf=26736

aosty
07-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks Henry!
:banana:

R3awak3n
07-20-2015, 11:41 AM
I got some last week. Pretty cool site actually, the box it came in was real nice. Came with a cannondale/the feed news paper, stickers.

The bottle is ugly as hell but I like the water system and it was awesome that it came with 5 free scratch labs portable packs. I ended up ordering a few more things that I needed.

Ordered some rip van wafles which are now probably my favorite to take on rides. They taste amazing, much much better than the honey stinger stuff.
I did end up finding the waffles on sale at competitive cyclist and ordered a box from there.

bart998
07-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks!

bingomck
07-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Thank you!

wpod
07-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Thanks for sharing!

barncat
07-20-2015, 12:26 PM
get 12% rebate at active junky

rwerkudara
07-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!

rab
07-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the psa!
More water bottles, my wife will be thrilled!

If anyone wants to use this referral for 5$ off have at it.

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27037

hyacinth
07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks, also ended up ordering some nut butter spreads:
https://thefeed.com/blog/2015/04/08/introducing-life-of-riley-nut-butters/

The Narg
07-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
I used the referral above. Here's another for $5 off;

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27123

proletariandan
07-21-2015, 07:02 PM
another referral link for $5 off

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27235

buldogge
07-21-2015, 08:05 PM
I used proletariandan's...Here's mine:

www.thefeed.com?raf=27241

-Mark in St. Louis

F150
07-21-2015, 09:22 PM
https://thefeed.com/?raf=27260

Keep on keepin' on!

notsew
07-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the PSA. Another referral for the pile...

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27254

Satellite
07-21-2015, 11:59 PM
I have the next hook up for $5 off:

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27277

I also added another $49.28 worth of Honey Stinger products and some more orange Skratch Labs mix for the free shipping.

Don't forget to add "freebottle" in the coupon code. :hello:

4Rings6Stars
07-22-2015, 07:05 AM
I have the next hook up for $5 off:

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27277

I also added another $49.28 worth of Honey Stinger products and some more orange Skratch Labs mix for the free shipping.

Don't forget to add "freebottle" in the coupon code. :hello:

Thanks!

Here's mine:

https://thefeed.com/?raf=27291

jonnyBgood
07-23-2015, 06:26 PM
I ordered a bunch of goodies but...... To be honest I really wanted the crazy Green Cannondale Garmin water bottle (as advertised) and I got a clear The Feed water bottle :rolleyes:

Anybody have the Green one that they don't like and would like to trade for my clear water bottle??

m_sasso
07-23-2015, 07:36 PM
OK, I am going to whine also, have not got mine yet however really do not need another clear H2O bottle and was looking forward to the contrasting green for my blue frame!

makoti
07-24-2015, 12:22 PM
So I got mine today. Packing slip & order said I got two bottles & sample kits. Only one was sent. I called and they told me "one per person". I didn't see that when I placed it & if I had I still would have done it, but since it went through I think they should be honoring it.
So, if you're expecting two, don't. If you get two, let us know.

josephr
07-24-2015, 12:42 PM
So I got mine today. Packing slip & order said I got two bottles & sample kits. Only one was sent. I called and they told me "one per person". I didn't see that when I placed it & if I had I still would have done it, but since it went through I think they should be honoring it.
So, if you're expecting two, don't. If you get two, let us know.

Yep, just got one when my 'confirmed order' had two listed. I only got my one in the mail on Wednesday...waited for Thursday but didn't see the second one. I called the toll-free number on the website, press 1 for customer service, but get Bryan's voicemail and he's not called back yet. Still, pretty sweet deal for $6 postage!

I figure they caught their mistake because they took down the pop-up offer which put the first bottle in the 'cart' to begin with. I don't think they'll be serving that up again...but, I wonder if I were to order something else from if the 'freebottle' coupon code would work.

4Rings6Stars
07-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Ugh - I will be pretty annoyed if I get one clear bottle as that is not what was represented on the order I placed... I probably would not have gone through with the order for one clear bottle to be honest, even though I did buy some other stuff too.

fiataccompli
07-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Oops...I ordered some waffles and paid shipping to get a bottle and skratch pack....may see if I can opt in again. I like the camelbak spout (believe it or not I hadn't used one before) and I think I'd like some skratch lab stuff anyway...this time I'll try a coupon. One free bottle is fine. My old/team ones produce terrible black stuff unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjf
07-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I got one blue Garmin/Sharp bottle with the argyle they used to have. I probably won't use it -- anyone want to trade something for it?

bingomck
07-24-2015, 01:47 PM
I thought I had got two, but received only one garmin argyle myself. Still tough to complain with samples, but it did seem like we would get two.

msl819
07-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Same here... Just got one and samples. My bottle was the clear bottle. If nothing else I got se samples and the top of the bottle that I can use in other bottles. I do like that wide valve on the new camelbak bottles.

josephr
07-24-2015, 03:35 PM
update: Brian just called me back and said just one per customer --- didn't say much else about it just that they want to make sure every customer gets one...Said if another order is placed, they're not going to hold back on 'freebottle' coupon code and that code is good thru Sunday, but all they have left are the clear ones.

tumbler
07-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Just got mine today. Like everyone else, I ordered two, received one. Kind of messed up that they let you check out and send a confirmation order showing two, then ship one (not to mention the fact that it's different from the one pictured). A small failure this time, but enough for me to avoid them in the future with no shortage of other retailers out there.

Hank Scorpio
07-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Another single clear here. I already ran it over with my car in disgust.

wc1934
07-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Another single clear here. I already ran it over with my car in disgust.
HAHAHA - that made me laugh!!!

4Rings6Stars
07-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Just got mine today. Like everyone else, I ordered two, received one. Kind of messed up that they let you check out and send a confirmation order showing two, then ship one (not to mention the fact that it's different from the one pictured). A small failure this time, but enough for me to avoid them in the future with no shortage of other retailers out there.

Agreed. Probably overreacting, but I don't think I will be ordering from them again. My issue is more the bottle color than only getting one... Like others, I have a ton of clear bottles already and liked the green bottle / wanted it for my green IF.

earlfoss
07-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Boo hoo you ordered free bottles and they only sent you one and it was the wrong color or whatever else.

You got a free bottle and only had to pay postage. Some of you tried to game the site and get two free bottles and then came here to complain about it.

The podium bottles are really nice and for $6 + some free Skratch samples that's a good deal.

Hell, if you don't want your bottle just send a PM and I'll pay you $6 to ship it to me.

I know Bryan from The Feed, he's a good dude.

makoti
07-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Boo hoo you ordered free bottles and they only sent you one and it was the wrong color or whatever else.

You got a free bottle and only had to pay postage. Some of you tried to game the site and get two free bottles and then came here to complain about it.

The podium bottles are really nice and for $6 + some free Skratch samples that's a good deal.

Hell, if you don't want your bottle just send a PM and I'll pay you $6 to ship it to me.

No one "gamed" the system. We put in a code and it took. It told us we were getting something & then, without notice, didn't deliver. Since you know Bryan, you may want to tell him, while most of us understand & would have been happy with one if that was the deal, it looks bad. Because you sure as ииии ain't helping his cause.

R3awak3n
07-24-2015, 10:50 PM
but its no reason to never go the site again...

I dunno, I was pretty impressed with the service. Shipped super fast, box came with a bunch of stuff. Prices are not the best out there but its definitely appealing to just have a box of stuff coming every month if you ride that much.

The bottle is crappy but I will use the lid on another bottle but with the sample packs its not a bad deal at all.

azrider
07-24-2015, 11:03 PM

Amen.

Since I was getting a free bottle and some extra "goods" and I [in good spirit] ordered some other items i typically use. Which, is the point of the "free bottle" I'd assume: 'we'll offer you a free bottle and while you're at it check out our other stuff'.

But those who're crying in their kool-aid and saying they ran over their "FREE F'ING BOTTLE" cause they didn't get "two FREE F'ing" bottles are just over the top. Give me a break.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. They offered the free bottle cause they were hoping you'd shop around and take them up on their other offers.....not just the free shwag.....so annoying.

earlfoss
07-24-2015, 11:26 PM
If you're unhappy, write Bryan yourself in addition to whining on an internet forum.

Henrythewound
07-25-2015, 12:24 AM
Mine came today along with the other stuff I bought. Just the one bottle and samples like everyone else.

I have received a half dozen emails with $10 savings codes since I posted my referral link on page 1 (thanks!), not sure if they will work for anyone else but if someone wants to buy something try one of these. Post up if you used them

RAF12671-e196d67977264c1291dc68af0cb3d274
RAF13067-e374fa753d7661b03068f02eb8f95d99
RAF13230-366e24efb89597768ff7170fd8b3dcd9

m_sasso
07-25-2015, 01:37 AM
If you're unhappy, write Bryan yourself in addition to whining on an internet forum.

I would like to write Bryan, and express my thoughts, please post or PM where he can be contacted/email address.
Thanks!

4Rings6Stars
07-25-2015, 03:20 AM
The deal was meant to entice us to buy other stuff. Which a lot of us did. There are lots of places to buy this stuff... So the issue for me is not that I am greedy and want free stuff, it's that I feel sort of duped by the bait and switch. I am sure that the double order was likely just a technical issue that allowed the promotion to be added twice, but at the same time I agree that it's a bit crappy to have something in your cart when you check out and not receive it. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm more bummed about the bottle color than anything! I saw the green bottle and thought getting two for my green bike would be sweet, so I decided to stock up on stuff I don't really need because I felt bad just getting the free stuff....

earlfoss
07-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Bryan is best contacted at:

hello@thefeed.com

Perhaps they ran out of the C-Dale bottles and instead of ending the promotion, decided to carry on with different bottles. Writing them an email complaining about something you got for free will be a nice way to guarantee they don't run a promo like this ever again no matter how nicely you word it.

makoti
07-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Bryan is best contacted at:

hello@thefeed.com

Perhaps they ran out of the C-Dale bottles and instead of ending the promotion, decided to carry on with different bottles. Writing them an email complaining about something you got for free will be a nice way to guarantee they don't run a promo like this ever again no matter how nicely you word it.

Really. I'd let Bryan handle his own PR. You stink at it.

earlfoss
07-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Really. I'd let Bryan handle his own PR. You stink at it.

You asked for contact info and there you go. Write away!

mistermo
07-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Whatever your stake in this, rule number #1 of marketing is not to promise something you won't deliver.

R3awak3n
07-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Y'all lucky you didn't get that green bottle, thing is aweful looking.

dustyrider
07-25-2015, 09:15 AM

Man I know we can't control who we "know", but if I was Bryan I would distance myself from this persona. I didn't expect anything other than what I got, and now I'm considering not doing business with them again...

R3awak3n
07-25-2015, 10:00 AM
come on guys are we really going there?

1- not doing business with a site because you got 1 bottle instead of 2. Or a clear bottle instead of a green bottle.

2- not doing business with a site because some random guy on the internet that apparently knows this brian guy, for all you know he doesn't even know him and is just an acquaintance

Seriously this has turned into a silly argument about an UGLY ass free green bottle with 5 free samples of sports drink powder...

dustyrider
07-25-2015, 10:45 AM
come on guys are we really going there?

1- not doing business with a site because you got 1 bottle instead of 2. Or a clear bottle instead of a green bottle.

2- not doing business with a site because some random guy on the internet that apparently knows this brian guy, for all you know he doesn't even know him and is just an acquaintance

Seriously this has turned into a silly argument about an UGLY ass free green bottle with 5 free samples of sports drink powder...

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep!

I would suggest that the only ones being argumentative are the very ones complaining about the tone of the thread, but it's a beautiful day for a bike ride.

tumbler
07-25-2015, 11:11 AM
I don't think the disappointment has anything to do with people's need for a second bottle or a green bottle or a couple of extra skratch packets. It's the simple fact of taking an order, confirming an order, and then shipping whatever you feel like because "Hey, it was a free promo anyways."

If you look at the companies that get it, Zappos or Amazon for example, when you aren't happy, they aren't happy. They don't make excuses and would simply say, "You're right, you ordered X and that's not what we sent. How can we fix this for you?" And I go back to them again and again, even if they aren't the cheapest, because I like how they do business.

I tried out a new startup service yesterday. My product (also free via promo) came with a handwritten thank you for trying them out. The card itself was not something I needed and went into the recycling bin, but it was a simple way of showing that they get it and I told a half dozen people about them yesterday.

First impressions matter and details matter. As inconsequential as this is, it was just a bad first impression. There's no need to make excuses for them or criticize those who were more disappointed than you were (I think it's safe to say none of us were crushed by this). They aren't the only retailer, aren't the cheapest retailer, nor did they have the fastest shipping. Since there is nothing left to differentiate them from the dozens of other online retailers, I have no reason to bother with them in the future. There's nothing dramatic about that decision.

earlfoss
07-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Bryan is an acquaintance and I do not work for The Feed or have any stake in it whatsoever. I'm just reading posts from a bunch of whiners complaining about a free bottle offer.

R3awak3n
07-25-2015, 11:36 AM
I don't think the disappointment has anything to do with people's need for a second bottle or a green bottle or a couple of extra skratch packets. It's the simple fact of taking an order, confirming an order, and then shipping whatever you feel like because "Hey, it was a free promo anyways."

If you look at the companies that get it, Zappos or Amazon for example, when you aren't happy, they aren't happy. They don't make excuses and would simply say, "You're right, you ordered X and that's not what we sent. How can we fix this for you?" And I go back to them again and again, even if they aren't the cheapest, because I like how they do business.

I tried out a new startup service yesterday. My product (also free via promo) came with a handwritten thank you for trying them out. The card itself was not something I needed and went into the recycling bin, but it was a simple way of showing that they get it and I told a half dozen people about them yesterday.

First impressions matter and details matter. As inconsequential as this is, it was just a bad first impression. There's no need to make excuses for them or criticize those who were more disappointed than you were (I think it's safe to say none of us were crushed by this). They aren't the only retailer, aren't the cheapest retailer, nor did they have the fastest shipping. Since there is nothing left to differentiate them from the dozens of other online retailers, I have no reason to bother with them in the future. There's nothing dramatic about that decision.

You can't compare the feed to amazon or zappos. In terms of size or money that they make. Also I got my package in 2 days, I thought the shipping was super fast.

But you all have good arguments and I do agree with a lot of it or most of it if not all. I just decide not to get upset with stuff like this. At the same time I did not order 2 bottles because I assumed it was 1 per order.

josephr
07-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Bryan is an acquaintance and I do not work for The Feed or have any stake in it whatsoever. I'm just reading posts from a bunch of whiners complaining about a free bottle offer.

I figured someone messed up in the tech department when I placed my order --- so yeah, you're right --- I was trying to game the system!!!! I've got no problems admitting it. Two free bottles would've been super-sweet but I'm definitely not whining and complaining --- can't complain about free!

I've been to plenty of cycling events where they're trying to sell stuff - jerseys, tires, nutritional supplements, etc. I think the expectation though has been set by so many times companies are there for marketing and giving away stuff, that its almost a shock when you find out they're selling. When someone yells out 'free water bottles' and then all of a sudden they get swarmed by the masses, its a natural reaction to start limiting to '1 per' and the fact they still sent out bottles to every one who asked for one shows they at least tried to take care of everyone.

Would I buy from thefeed.com again? I certainly would simply because Bryan did call back (which is great, cause so many don't ever call back).

Of course, I might feel different if I'd not gotten one of the fancy green ones. :D

makoti
07-25-2015, 04:49 PM
You asked for contact info and there you go. Write away!

Actually, I didn't. I had already talked with them myself. I was satisfied. Seriously, Bryan doesn't need you looking out for him. If he can't handle something this small, perhaps retail isn't for him. Plus, you stink at it.

earlfoss
07-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Well whoever asked for the contact info now has it. I'm not "looking out for him" either. Now is a good time to drop it.