PDA

View Full Version : Vredestein Fortezza SL

merckx
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Anyone use this tire (super light version) and can compare it to Vittoria Evo CX or Veloflex Pave for rolling resistance and durability? I 've used the Evo CX and the Pave with pretty good results. They have been good on clean roads for puncture resistance, and great for lack of rolling resistance. The Vredesteins are about the same weight as these two and was interested in whether they are the same quality. Thanks!

CalfeeFly
05-02-2006, 03:46 PM
They are a very nice tire and ride well. The other two may roll a little smoother and easier but the Tri-Comp is more flat resistant and wears longer.

Yesterday somebody had a link to weights at a European site. It is some great stuff. Everything is there and right on the scale. Plus you can find some cool European stuff that isn't imported that much. How about a 5 gram cage?

531Aussie
05-02-2006, 11:04 PM
The Vredestein SL isn't as nice as the high-end Vittorias, and maybe not as nice as the Pro Race, but, down here they're 2/3 the price!!! I like the secure feeling of seeing the very high max psi rating on the sidewall :)

I haven't had them long enough to judge the wear

nobrakes
05-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Vredesteins are ok, cheap, durable, etc., BUT...I've found that the higher inflation pressure required tends to cause rim tape to stretch into the spoke holes of rims, then causing tubes to fail, ending up with mystery flats. Use cloth rim tape to avoid this, or if you use Ksyriums, not a problem. Vittorias cx or ks are still the best, imho.

CalfeeFly
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow I messed up another... :crap: :crap: :crap:

My statements refer to the Tri-Comp only. I have not ridden their other tires.