PDA

View Full Version : Metal Head Tube Badge

alembical
03-24-2004, 12:48 PM
I have just found out that metal head tube badges are still available and are $50. Do you any of you have them, or any comments on their appearance? Would it look out of place on a painted CSI? Any and all comments are appreciated.
My CSI is going to have flat gray panels, so I am thinking that it could look good, but I have not seen any and I have checked the webstite. Anyone care to post a close-up in the gallery or email me?

Alembical

Such decisions.....

Ozz
03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
The head tube badge looks great on a painted CSI! Mine has one.

Make sure you get one that matches the diameter of your head tube (1" vs. 1.125"). I'm not sure how easy it is to bend them to fit...

I think it will match up with your panels nicely. I've never been one for decals on the head tube...

This is not my bike, but is shows a pretty good shot of the head tube badge:

http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=486&password=&sort=4&cat=500&page=7

http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=459&password=&sort=4&cat=500&page=5

alembical
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks ozz,
That is just what I was looking for. I hope that they have them in one inch, I had forgot about that....

Alembical

Kevin
03-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I have one on my Ottrott. I like it.

Kevin

jerk
03-24-2004, 07:18 PM
they're nice but you might want to take the head tube badge and have someone attach it to the frame in a more solid manner than by "sticking" it on the head tube. rivets or screws seem a better way to do this and i'm sure anyone with a drill and a tap set can do it escpecially on a steel head tube.

alembical
03-24-2004, 07:22 PM
I was curious about how the attach. I am having my bike repainted at the same time, and is this something that would be welded or tacked on, or something that goes on after the painting with some type of adhesive?

Anyone know if they came in 1" as well?

Alembical

bubba
03-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by jerk
they're nice but you might want to take the head tube badge and have someone attach it to the frame in a more solid manner than by "sticking" it on the head tube. rivets or screws seem a better way to do this and i'm sure anyone with a drill and a tap set can do it escpecially on a steel head tube. My stick on never was right, and peeled off.It blows. For the money they could have done it right. Even pop rivets would have been better.

Jeff N.
03-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Corner cutting. Time saving. Its what the big boys do. JN