PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice that last week....

Bruce K
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
We set a new record for most people viewing the forum?

560 on 4/24?

Holy cow !!! :eek:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

Sandy
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I wonder what prompted that. I thought that the old record was not going to be broken for a long time.

Maybe that was the day that BBDave posted some of Kevan's naked pictures?? :)

:banana: Shutterbug Serotta Sandy :banana:

DavidK
05-01-2006, 11:57 AM
We set a new record for most people viewing the forum?

560 on 4/24?

Unfortunately vBulletin counts search engine spiders as Guests... and as Yahoo send their spiders from tons of machines without retaining any identifiable session information, a single blast from Yahoo can add hundreds of 'guests' simultaneously.

The forum I run proudly declares 850 people online... yet I know the truth is that it's circa 300 actual people and 550 search engine spiders.

Still... it's lovely to get a popularity massage like that, even if it's a false figure. As an indicative trend, it still rings true :)

RichardSeton
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Dang, and I was thinking that was because I came along... :)

Unfortunately vBulletin counts search engine spiders as Guests... and as Yahoo send their spiders from tons of machines without retaining any identifiable session information, a single blast from Yahoo can add hundreds of 'guests' simultaneously.

The forum I run proudly declares 850 people online... yet I know the truth is that it's circa 300 actual people and 550 search engine spiders.

Still... it's lovely to get a popularity massage like that, even if it's a false figure. As an indicative trend, it still rings true :)

Bruce K
05-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Gee, thanks Dave. :fight:

And here I'd thought I'd found something very cool. :rolleyes:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2006, 01:03 PM
. . . maybe Sandy has some naked pictures of Kevan he could post and we could see if that DOES work? ;) :rolleyes:

BBD

Lincoln
05-01-2006, 01:13 PM
It was Serotta Janelle's birthday. :)