PDA

View Full Version : Campy 10--all

flydhest
03-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Anybody know if all the Campy 10 lines--Record, Chorus, Centaur, Veloce--are compatible. That is, could you build up a beater with Veloce 10 and swap wheels with Record 10 without issue?

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but then it occurs to me, I don't really have any reason to assume it other than it would be logical, which, as we all know, has not always been the driving philosophy of the bike industry.

BigMac
03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes all are compatible. In fact you can mix and match components within a group, say a Veloce FD, Centaur RD and Chorus or Record Ergo levers. As long as its C10, it all works together.

Ride on!

flydhest
03-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks BigMac.

Don't forget, there's always a glass of single malt with your name on it if you're ever in D.C.

OK, so I change the glass every so often, so you'll get a clean one.

jerk
03-24-2004, 11:07 AM
the only exception to the above is bbs.....chorus and record use one type the rest use another....but as long as your crank matches your bb everything else is mutually compatible.

jerk

shinomaster
03-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Hippo man....I have a centaur cassette on my record wheel and a chorus cassette on my zonda wheel and swap them all the time. I also have a 105 front derailleur on my cross bike ( which is Centaur equipped otherwise and it all works just fine..
ALso I have a record rear derailleur on one bike, and a chorus , and centaur on the others, with shifters to match The parts all look to be designed the same way with only slight changes in materials and design . Veloce should work the same..

Did I tell you I moved just down the street from Sumptown??

Shino

Kevan
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
that rear wheels rigged with Shimano 10 cogs too will work interchangeably with Campy. Are we in agreement? 10=10?

Serotta PETE
03-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Yes, Shimono or Campy 10 speed wheels can be interchanged. I am using a campy with Shimono now and it works great. SPOKES has been doing this for months also.................

SPOKE
03-25-2004, 05:51 AM
the campy 10 cassettes will work fine with the simano 10 brifters and derailleurs. i actually think it works a little better than the shimano cassette. i haven't tried the shimano cassette with the campy stuff yet but i'm quite certain it will work fine.

Smiley
03-25-2004, 06:13 AM
Me thinks that Fly Man has purchased a used frame from these boards. The only question remains is which one. Do we need to guess?