PDA

View Full Version : Parts questions...also, shop in Pasadena?

tylercheung
06-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

Just musing through parts and builds...also I am in Pasadena, so I am assuming the LBS would = Velo Pasadena, although if people have favorites, I'd like to check them out for at least some window shopping!

Handlebars: I was using a Salsa Poco but I guess they don't make those anymore :( As far as I can tell, it had a 70mm reach and a 140 mm drop...are there any bars that are similar? Should I splurge for one of those fancy metal Nitto bars?

Saddles: I was riding the bog standard Fizzik Aliante, (and also the WTB Devo which was uncomfortable but held its ground for long rides...) but was thinking of trying some of the newer 145 mm wide saddles, maybe from Specialized or other manufacturers? Any popular models?

Stems/Seatposts: was going to go the bog standard Ritchey ones unless any other great ideas...

Anyway, will prob find some time to browse but any suggestions welcome!

beeatnik
06-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Check out Jones in San Marino.

duck
06-29-2015, 03:30 PM
1. Open Road is great fun, Pasadena Cyclery, Incycle, and of course Velo Pasadena.

2. Bars are tough. Pocos look kinda awkward to mount levers on and the short reach/deep drop seems problematic to me. Nitto makes a nice bar.

3. As far as I know the most popular specialized saddles are the Romin and the Toupe, and both are available in a 143mm width. I rode a Romin for a few years before switching (drinking the koolaid?) to the Selle Italia SLR suplerflow in a 145. They're all good, but I found having a flatter perch jives better with my rear end.

Edit: I like all the Ritchey stuff. Why not go that direction with the bars too?