PDA

View Full Version : Athena FD Q

merckx
06-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Will a Campy 10v front derailleur function well with an Athena 11v Powershift Ergo? I just wonder if the wider cage jives with the limited number of "clicks" in Powershift Ergos. I have used a Campy 10v front derailleur with Campy 11v Ultrashift Ergos and it functioned well. Has anyone tried the Powershift and 10v combo?

Black Dog
06-27-2015, 04:50 PM
It works fine with a 10v fd and ultra shift. How many clicks does the powershift have? Is it less than the ultra shift?

merckx
06-27-2015, 05:19 PM
My understanding is that Powershift has one click up and three clicks down. If I had a Powershift ergo in hand I would try it, but don't expect to have one until next week sometime. My decision is whether to order a current Athena 11v front derailleur, or use the 10v one I currently have. I would prefer not to order an additional part that may be superfluous.

Black Dog
06-27-2015, 06:02 PM
3 up and 1 down for is for the rear shifting. As for the front, it should be multiple clicks both ways to allow for trimming. This is the case for almost every campy from ergo ever made but I have not tried a power shift front shifter.