PDA

View Full Version : OT: Nightcrawler Movie

velomonkey
06-25-2015, 11:36 PM
Yea, so that movie Nightcrawler is on Netflix. Really nice, albeit short, scene with a bike. Legit too - Cervelo R5, dude is in a full on Rapha kit looking all Jermey Powers.

The character played by Jake Gyllenhaal even does a nice description of the bike as he is trying to pawn it off (yea, I know he is into biking)

I was just excited to see a bike.

sandyrs
06-26-2015, 07:59 AM
I appreciated that too!

That movie is pretty dark. Not sure I 'enjoyed' it but I thought it was very well done.

bobswire
06-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Not very believable, people nor perps don't pawn off bikes any longer, they sell them on Paceline, Craigslist or Ebay. :)

velomonkey
06-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Not very believable, people nor perps don't pawn off bikes any longer, they sell them on Paceline, Craigslist or Ebay. :)

Agreed there, but when he was doing the whole description and up-sell it was really well done. The 37 gears thing was funny, too.

chiasticon
06-26-2015, 04:01 PM
he steals the bike, right? a co-worker of mine came into my office a couple months back because he didn't believe the high asking price of the bike in the movie. he was like "surely there's no way a bicycle can cost over ten thousand dollars, right?!?" then I had to educate him on $6k frames, $3k groupsets, $3k wheels, etc... he was just :eek:

JAllen
06-26-2015, 04:09 PM
I thought that movie was really well done. I do agree that it was super dark. It amazes me to see some bikes that are expensive being locked up with garbage cheapo locks. All the quick release stuff is just begging to be stripped.

oldpotatoe
06-27-2015, 06:32 AM
Yea, so that movie Nightcrawler is on Netflix. Really nice, albeit short, scene with a bike. Legit too - Cervelo R5, dude is in a full on Rapha kit looking all Jermey Powers.

The character played by Jake Gyllenhaal even does a nice description of the bike as he is trying to pawn it off (yea, I know he is into biking)

I was just excited to see a bike.

Just watched it last night. Creepy, and so 'LA'...liked it and yup..the guy on the Cervelo, using a thin cable to lock it. Knew it was gonna be stolen before Jake stole it.