PDA

View Full Version : D'Ace Front Derailleur Issue

Spinner
04-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Just installed a new set of TA Hegoa chainrings (50 and 38) on my CIII. These replaced Shimano 50 and 39 rings.

After a thorough cleaning of the drivetrain and reinstallation of the crank, I can't get the front derailleur to remain outboard enough to avoid chain rub. I can shift into the 38 with no problem rubs, however the big ring just isn't working right, although I can manually hold the shifter inward enough to avoid big ring rub.

What is wrong with this picture?

David Kirk
04-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Try adding cable tension.

Dave

Spinner
04-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes Dave, it is a tension thang. And I still don't have it dialed in after multiple adjustments and 35 miles of riding. Correct trim seems to be elusive today.

The only thing of note is during my ride I hopped off to make another adjustment and the female driver of a minivan pulls up and asked if I needed help. When I replied "no," she responded with a "oh, I guess you're just tweaking the front derailleur?"

I should have let her tweak it for me. :)

David Kirk
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes Dave, it is a tension thang. And I still don't have it dialed in after multiple adjustments and 35 miles of riding. Correct trim seems to be elusive today.

The only thing of note is during my ride I hopped off to make another adjustment and the female driver of a minivan pulls up and asked if I needed help. When I replied "no," she responded with a "oh, I guess you're just tweaking the front derailleur?"

I should have let her tweak it for me. :)

Werd.

Dave