PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Albuquerque, NM?

kevinvc
06-24-2015, 06:06 PM
I grew up in Albuquerque and go back a couple of times a year to visit family. I'd like to get a cheap (under $500) bike to keep there for when I'm in town. Ideally, I'd like a cross / "gravel grinder" that I can use on pavement or some trails. For example, an older Poprad would be perfect.

I've been tracking Craigslist in Albuquerque and Santa Fe off and on for a few months and have seen very few options. Are there any other sources that you suggest I check out? For example, are there co-ops or other (legitimate) places that sell reasonably priced and quality bikes? I'll be there at the start of July for a couple of weeks and I don't want to lose the little bit of fitness I've been building up over the last few months. Plus, it would be great to have a way to burn off all of the stuffed sopapillas and carne adovada I'll be enjoying. :hello:

DRZRM
06-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I would reach out to Rebel_Biker here, he owns Choice Cycle Exchange in Santa Fe. Most of his stuff is more expensive than you need, but he may be able to help. As well as being a member here he is an advertiser (furthest ad above to the right on my screen). Very helpful dude in that region.

a4racer
06-24-2015, 10:43 PM
I would reach out to Rebel_Biker here, he owns Choice Cycle Exchange in Santa Fe. Most of his stuff is more expensive than you need, but he may be able to help. As well as being a member here he is an advertiser (furthest ad above to the right on my screen). Very helpful dude in that region.

...for the proprietor of Choice Cycle Exchange. He posts here under Rebel_Biker and is an all-round good guy. I bought some DA gear from him and a frame and fork for my next build. Top-notch service, highly recommended. He often has stuff not on his website, so you may be able to find a gem!