PDA

View Full Version : Any Forumites from Boston area interested in Nottrott Weekend?

Larry D
04-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Are there any forumites from the Greater Boston area interested in carpooling down to the Nottrott Weekend?

I have the time and a vehichle but I do not want to drive back and forth solo.

Let me know if there is any interest.

:banana:

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
. . . for carpooling to Nottrott Weekend (aka "Smiley-Palooza") from the Boston Area . . .

1) Drive to Bruce K's house.
2) Knock on door.
3) When he answers, knock him unconscious.
4) Check his pocket to make sure wallet is in it.
5) Drag him to yourcar while he is unconscious.
6) Fetch his Ottrott from the basement.
7) If you have room in the car, also grab his new Serotta cross bike. Trust me, he will be gald you brought it so he can show it off.
8) Start driving fast so you will be well out of town before he regains consciousness.

BBD

stevep
04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
the love

Bruce K
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Actually Steve, BBD knows that at the moment that's about the only way I would get there (with or without the cross bike).

Larry, let's talk. Maybe I can do this after all if we are ride sharing.

I am around through Tuesday night, then we are off on the Daytona trip. We'll be back LATE Monday night.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
. . . Git 'yo butt DOWN to DC and join us!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Sandy
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
. . . Git 'yo butt DOWN to DC and join us!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Absolutely! The gang needs you here. Larry D and you start a convoy.

Sandman

Climb01742
04-30-2006, 04:23 AM
i'm going. was planning on flying down. i know it's 5 hours from beantown to princeton, nj. how much farther/longer is smiley-ville by car? if schedules work, i'd be happy to share driving.

keno
04-30-2006, 05:44 AM
about 2 hours 45 minutes. Figure about 7-8 hours driving time from Concord depending upon foot weight. I assume you put Princeton in because you've driven there. You wouldn't go through Princeton driving from Concord, though, but the end result isn't that different.

keno

Ray
04-30-2006, 05:44 AM
i'm going. was planning on flying down. i know it's 5 hours from beantown to princeton, nj. how much farther/longer is smiley-ville by car? if schedules work, i'd be happy to share driving.
Probably about 3-3.5. From my place to DC is about 2 and a half - Princeton is more than an hour from my place, but not directly in line, so between a half hour and hour longer I'd guess.

-Ray

znfdl
04-30-2006, 06:16 AM

Climb:

When I used to visit my parents in Newton it would take me approximately 8 hours. The 8 hours depends upon traffic, construction etc.

Sandy
04-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Climb:

When I used to visit my parents in Newton it would take me approximately 8 hours. The 8 hours depends upon traffic, construction etc.

Get a real car. Get a M3. I can do it in 4.2755 hours, including a long lunch. :rolleyes:

In addition, get a real bike too!! :) :D :)

Serotta Sandy

Smiley
04-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Please come on DOWN to Nottrott Merryland , We have rooms STILL waiting to be filled. Some generous or hospitable Merrylanders have offered rooms so let us know and we'll reserve them for you.

Zap and Steven M have offered up space in their homes , we have booked up space at my place , Debbies and Flydhest as we as Too Talls joint :)

BumbleBeeDave
04-30-2006, 08:04 AM
"Get a real car. Get a M3. I can do it in 4.2755 hours, including a long lunch."

That would be PETE'S M3 with the stripped synchros courtesy of Ahneida Ride? :rolleyes:

Does that lunch hour include time spent waiting for the tow truck? :eek:

BBD

Sandy
04-30-2006, 08:26 AM
"Get a real car. Get a M3. I can do it in 4.2755 hours, including a long lunch."

That would be PETE'S M3 with the stripped synchros courtesy of Ahneida Ride? :rolleyes:

Does that lunch hour include time spent waiting for the tow truck? :eek:

BBD

No. The time was spent in developing the most effective bee spray known to mankind. I want to eradicate all of those critters, including ALL of the queen bees.

Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz

znfdl
04-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Get a real car. Get a M3. I can do it in 4.2755 hours, including a long lunch. :rolleyes:

In addition, get a real bike too!! :) :D :)

Sandy:

I will betcha a real bike that you not do it in 4.2755 hours. :banana:

The real bike will of course be a spectrum. ;) :D

Sandy
04-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Sandy:

I will betcha a real bike that you not do it in 4.2755 hours. :banana:

The real bike will of course be a spectrum. ;) :D

Are you saying that If I take the bet and can do it in 4.2755 hours, then I will win a Spectrum? I think that I would rather lose! :)

Spectrumless SEROTTA Sandy