PDA

View Full Version : You MDs: Why Is Doof Craving These Foods With This Cold?

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
forumites

doof gotta apologize and like: can't concentrate to read, to grade, can't sleep, don't own a TV. got nothing better to do than to post whatever's in the ol head. there's a lot in the head, so the forum and myspace are gettin some action.

anyway

a pretty evil bug has run through doof's school this week. mrs. doof got it, now doof got it.

why is doof craving chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal, muffins, pastries...all these slightly sweet fatty things (when you dump half a jar of peanut butter into your oatmeal, it becomes fatty). every time doof gets a cold like this, he finds that these are the things he stuffs in...lots of 'em...he's stooopid hungry when he gets a cold like this.

any explanation?

or is it just one of those unexplainable things that they tell you in med school to "just nod, smile, and then discuss the bill."

e-RICHIE
04-29-2006, 05:43 PM
forumites

doof gotta apologize and like: can't concentrate to read, to grade, can't sleep, don't own a TV. got nothing better to do than to post whatever's in the ol head. there's a lot in the head, so the forum and myspace are gettin some action.

anyway

a pretty evil bug has run through doof's school this week. mrs. doof got it, now doof got it.

why is doof craving chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal, muffins, pastries...all these slightly sweet fatty things (when you dump half a jar of peanut butter into your oatmeal, it becomes fatty). every time doof gets a cold like this, he finds that these are the things he stuffs in...lots of 'em...he's stooopid hungry when he gets a cold like this.

any explanation?

or is it just one of those unexplainable things that they tell you in med school to "just nod, smile, and then discuss the bill."

it's easy -
you're suffering from lackasnackus atmo.

Ray
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Yo, it's called 'comfort' food. When you feel crummy, you crave comfort. The food is there. You eat it, but it doesn't make you comfortable, so you eat more.

That's my professional opinion.

-Ray

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 05:47 PM
it's easy -
you're suffering from lackasnackus atmo.

yeah

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
doof has also had a couple of burritos today

some pasta

some miso soup

doof eats when he gets sick

the tank wants to be refilled

constantly

Smiley
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Doof u preggo with an x-files baby ?

e-RICHIE
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
doof has also had a couple of burritos today

crawford's burritos atmo?

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
crawford's burritos atmo?

amy's

if doof went on crawford's program he'd need several levels of professional help

slowgoing
04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll give you a TV if you stop posting whatever comes into your head. :)

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
come up with something doof wants and we'll talk

e-RICHIE
04-29-2006, 06:17 PM
come up with something doof wants and we'll talk

say no to this -

Dr. Doofus
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM
this'll do

its gettin a workout around bedtime this week

gasman
04-29-2006, 06:49 PM
this'll do

its gettin a workout around bedtime this week
That is just what the Doctor ordered.

As to why you crave those foods I have no clue because I crave them all the time even when I'm not sick.

Maybe I'm always a little sick.

Or just sick.

Ginger
04-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Maybe when you're sick you're one step closer to being a "normal" American?

(No, I don't have a TV either.)

spiderman
04-29-2006, 07:46 PM
...you're going through a
'growth spurt'...!

catulle
04-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Hmmm... Could the Doof be pregnant? Maybe a little pregnant, atmo? :confused:

Smiley
04-30-2006, 07:21 AM
That's two theories of pregnancy , don't be so quick to discount this theory , Seen any Aliens lately in South Carolina :)

Tom
04-30-2006, 07:34 AM
It takes a lot of fat to build cell walls. I think. Who the hell knows? Get better and stop your complaining.

Dr. Doofus
04-30-2006, 07:44 AM
its pregnancy

doof knows it

doof feels it

its from focking around here too much

doof is having the serotta board baby

catulle
04-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Oh, way cool. Congratulations...! Baptism in Provo, atmo? How 'bout a baby shower?

Smiley
04-30-2006, 02:11 PM
"Having my Baby" as a song comes to mind , does this mean that BBDave is the father since he has more posts then anybody else :rolleyes:

Ginger
04-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Smiley...I don't think so...

Go big picture...it's the FORUM's baby...sortof like Rosemary's but with a big S.

catulle
04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
"Having my Baby" as a song comes to mind , does this mean that BBDave is the father since he has more posts then anybody else :rolleyes:

it makes condom sense, someone said earlier.

bcm119
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I wonder if Spiderman wasn't kidding.. Maybe it isn't the cold, but the fact that you're easing up on training for a few days (maybe you aren't?) and your body is trying to refuel- sort of a growth spurt, but in the energy dept. This happens to me when I take a few days off for some reason, I have a craving for any kind of food in enormous quantities, but especially breakfast type food like cereal and toast. I'll get home, my girlfriend will tell me she made salad and indian food, and I'll say thanks, I'll get to it right after I eat two bowls of cereal.