PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo BB Sleeve

warren128
06-23-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm about ready to install the Centaur CT Ultra Torque crankset onto my Raleigh project. When I removed the old cup/cone Record BB, there was a Campagnolo branded, two piece plastic sleeve in there. I just wanted to run it by you guys here. I'm thinking that the sleeve should remain with the old BB (to have the complete set), and the new Ultra Torque goes on without the sleeve. Sounds about right? My Raleigh's BB shell is closed (no cutouts).

BTW, the old Record BB is still amazingly pristine, probably due to low miles ridden and high quality.

Thanks.

tuscanyswe
06-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Yep no sleeve on the ut cranksets. Just the cups.

warren128
06-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Yep no sleeve on the ut cranksets. Just the cups.

Thanks! :)

oldpotatoe
06-23-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm about ready to install the Centaur CT Ultra Torque crankset onto my Raleigh project. When I removed the old cup/cone Record BB, there was a Campagnolo branded, two piece plastic sleeve in there. I just wanted to run it by you guys here. I'm thinking that the sleeve should remain with the old BB (to have the complete set), and the new Ultra Torque goes on without the sleeve. Sounds about right? My Raleigh's BB shell is closed (no cutouts).

BTW, the old Record BB is still amazingly pristine, probably due to low miles ridden and high quality.

Thanks.

Yes, no sleeve but lotsa grease in shell and in cups, around bearings, on hirth fitting teeth, bolt threads.

warren128
06-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Yes, no sleeve but lotsa grease in shell and in cups, around bearings, on hirth fitting teeth, bolt threads.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll start a new thread for posting all my questions and progress rather than starting a new one for each question... :)