PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations for fenders to fit a Lynskey Breakaway

Llewellyn
06-21-2015, 04:33 AM
My ride in the rain this morning was fun but I think it's time for some fenders for my Lynskey Breakaway. Currently I have one of those short SKS clip on ones at the back, which covers the top of the tyre but nothing else,so it's adequate but not ideal.

Does anyone have real world experience and recommendations for a fender that will fit the Lynskey. There is a reasonable amount of room between the 23mm tyres and the frame/fork (probably 10 - 15mm). I'm using a Lynskey Sport straight blade fork and it doesn't have any eyelets so any suggestions will need to be a clip-on variety.

fa63
06-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Portland Design Works Full Metal fenders. Pricey, but they seem to be the best made fenders out there at the moment for road bikes with little clearance.

Brian Cdn
06-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Try Crud Roadracer MK2 fenders. www.crudproducts.com/

They are cheap, cheery and designed for road bikes sans eyelets. Great for low clearance and don't take long to install. They do a really good job of keeping both rider and bike fairly clean. I use them on my Masi, Felt and have had them on a Lynskey R230.

On the Masi, because the frame is really tight, I swap out the rear tire and use either a 20mm or 21mm tire to get enough clearance for the fender.

They are often on sale on some of those UK web bike shops.

Cheers

B

toadbike
06-21-2015, 08:10 PM
SKS Raceblade....simple, easy on and off, affordable.