PDA

View Full Version : Re: First generation Campy 11 speed RD question

sam.g
06-17-2015, 04:04 PM
For any of the Campy experts, I'm looking seriously at a group set which includes a first generation 11 speed Record Rear Derailleur but wish to use a 12-29 cassette. The seller states that the first generation 11 speed Record RD will only handle up to a 27T cog.

Is there a conversion and parts available to allow the RD to handle up to a 29T cog?

thanks for any advice on this.

Sam in Cincy

Cicli
06-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Some of that max cog size capacity has to do with your frame too. A longer hanger will allow a bit of a larger cog.
I bet you will be fine with a 29.

thirdgenbird
06-17-2015, 04:38 PM
I was thinking they did offer a kit to update old derailleurs but I have been wrong before and it is sure to happen again.

Edit: pretty sure this is it. $7

http://www.modernbike.com/campagnolo-11spd-derailleur-mounting-sleeve-12-29-conversion

oldpotatoe
06-17-2015, 06:31 PM
For any of the Campy experts, I'm looking seriously at a group set which includes a first generation 11 speed Record Rear Derailleur but wish to use a 12-29 cassette. The seller states that the first generation 11 speed Record RD will only handle up to a 27T cog.

Is there a conversion and parts available to allow the RD to handle up to a 29T cog?

thanks for any advice on this.

Sam in Cincy

Just put it on, it'll be fine. Just make sure the chain is 'proper' length, not too long and certainly not too short. BUT there is a part available that allows the spring in the lower pivot to get tighter.