PDA

View Full Version : Who will lead Cannondale-Garmin in TdF?

Onno
06-15-2015, 09:31 AM
So how and when does this decision get made? I'm a big Hesjedal fan, so hoping for him, but it seems as though the team has a slew of contenders for team leader. Also, who makes the decision. Since Cannondale is now a Canadian company (as I understand it), would the heads of Doral have a say in pushing for Hesjedal?:banana:

pinoymamba
06-15-2015, 11:23 AM
probably multiple leaders and whoever loses the least amount of time during the first week becomes the leader.

they seem too weak to contend for the yellow. they should just focus on stage wins.

I dont follow pro cycling too much. How are talansky and Martins current form?

kramnnim
06-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Martin looked okay last week in the Dauphine. A puncture at the end of a stage hurt his GC time, Talanksy finished ahead. The both finished in the top 10...

Johnnyg
06-15-2015, 06:57 PM
So how and when does this decision get made? I'm a big Hesjedal fan, so hoping for him, but it seems as though the team has a slew of contenders for team leader. Also, who makes the decision. Since Cannondale is now a Canadian company (as I understand it), would the heads of Doral have a say in pushing for Hesjedal?:banana:

I won't be Tommy D

MattTuck
06-15-2015, 07:11 PM
I think it will be Talansky, but the point is a valid one.

They should all ride in 10 minutes after the peloton in the first stage, and then just hunt for stage wins. The way it is, they've got a talented enough squad that other teams will be reticent to let them ride too far up the road, but they're probably not talented enough to figure on the podium.

Atleast not without some really good (or bad for the other contenders) luck.

Froome, Contador, Nibali, Quintana.... yeah, Talansky may do something great... but it would be a huge outlier compared to his previous results. The 4 listed have all won grand tours already...

In my thinking, they're basically faced with the choice of going for stage wins or going for a Top 5 finish. I'd think that stage wins would sell more bikes/computers than a 5th place finish behind Froomibalitanador.

And, I like Talansky... so don't take this as cynical. I just have a hard time seeing a relative nobody show up and defeat the great grand tour riders of today.

berserk87
06-15-2015, 07:37 PM
I think it will be Talansky. Riding well (or not as well) in the Dauphine does not mean that it will translate into the TDF in a few weeks.