PDA

View Full Version : Giro shoes: Empire vs Factor sizing

sandyrs
06-12-2015, 07:57 AM
I recently bought some Mavic shoes after thousands of miles in Giro Factors, and while they're passably comfortable, I think that I would be better off selling them to someone who will enjoy them more and replacing them with another set of Giros, as I can't get the Mavics quite as comfortable as the Giros were. They're super nice shoes, I just don't know if the shape is right for me.

Has anyone worn both the Factor and the Empire, and if so, what are your impressions of the fit difference (if any) between the models?

I know this has been discussed here before I can't seem to find the thread.

beeatnik
06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
For what it's worth, I alternate between Mavics and Factors. The Giros are more comfortable, not as wide. Guessing the Empires are even more snug?

Shortsocks
06-12-2015, 10:54 AM
I've owned both factors and empires in 42.5 and 43. 43 were too long and wide for me. The empires were definitely tighter in the toe box than the factors and slightly shorter than factors. The nose of the empire shoe comes in closer to the toes for me than the factor. The factor is a purer longevity shoe, while the empire is like a python on your feet. Just wish the empire had as much heel support as the factor. I have narrow feet btw.

uber
06-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I might have had an atypical example of the Factor, but the Empires fit my narrow feet much better than the Factor. I appreciate the laces and how I can customize the snugness for different parts of the shoe. I like the Empires a lot.

phutterman
06-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I wear the same size (43.5) in both Factors and Empires. The latter feel a little more snug, but mine have a little dent I can feel in the toe box of one, and I haven't worn them as much, so I'm not sure if it's a combination of those or they're actually any smaller. Both are totally comfortable for me.