PDA

View Full Version : Rising from Ashes - Ritchey/Boyer/Rwanda movie

KJMUNC
06-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Just watched this movie over the weekend while I had some downtime. It's been out a few years but can't ever recall it being discussed much around here.

Really great story about Team Rwanda on a bunch of different levels. Ritchey is barely featured despite being the originator and it's great to see Jock Boyer doing something positive again and not making any excuses about his past.

Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Makes you realize how good we have it when it comes to roads, equipment, government, and just life in general.

http://risingfromashesthemovie.com/

msl819
06-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I watched it too within the last two weeks. I admit up front I am a huge fan of Ritchey. Tom just seems like a good dude. I admire what he helped do in Rwanda and his getting Boyer back after his failings.

drewellison
06-09-2015, 04:57 PM
The movie's on Netflix, or at least it was a month or so ago when I watched it. Great story. Highly recommended.
Also a book: Land of Second Chances.
I haven't read the book yet.
Drew

rwsaunders
06-09-2015, 07:10 PM
The movie was pretty good but I have to admit that after I did some googling regarding Boyer's conviction, the incident disturbed me a little.

rpm
06-09-2015, 07:58 PM
I enjoyed the book a lot. Eager to see the movie.

R3awak3n
06-09-2015, 08:41 PM
I really enjoyed the movie. Boyers conviction is disturbing but people do change and they do deserve second chances. At least he is doing something good with his life.

I also like Ritchey, he does seem like a good dude. I enjoyed watching that Ask a founder mission workshop question/answer video that came out a couple of weeks ago.

54ny77
06-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Zero interest in anything to do with him.

That p.o.s. violated a young girl hope he rots in hell.

Deserves a 2nd chance? Come on, what if that was your daughter or other family/friend?

Don't care who he was/is or what he's doing.

R3awak3n
06-09-2015, 09:57 PM
absolutely no excuse for what he did and like I said as you watch the movie that is always in your head even if what he is doing is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and think he is a POS for what he did but it seems like he has changed his life and is trying to do positive stuff.

stephenmarklay
06-09-2015, 10:45 PM
I watched it and enjoyed it. I did not and don’t know his past. Interesting Ritchey sees something in him and knows him.