PDA

View Full Version : mavic clothing

bicycletricycle
06-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I was in a local shop looking at some mavic clothing, it looked really nice and all the fabrics felt super high quality. Normally I like slightly less "tech" looking stuff but a few items were tempting.

anyone riding with this stuff?

curious about durability, bib comfort, etc.

thanks

Charles M
06-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I still have a couple of things from this review...

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/tech-n-spec/mavic-altium-level-summer-kit/

And they're making the latest in the same place and the designer is the same person.

It's really well done. A little modern, like you said, but good build and good fabrics.

The shoes are nice too,,,

sandyrs
06-05-2015, 12:41 PM
I have shoes and had a set of bib shorts. They were fine- not super complicated in construction like really really high end stuff and not very compressive but very comfortable and the web bib straps were really comfy. The one thing of note was that they sew the chamois to the outside of the shorts, which feels different when walking but not really when riding. I crashed in the shorts and tore them otherwise I'd probably still be wearing them. They were pretty ugly though, big white arcs on either leg.

regularguy412
06-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I have 2 pairs of bibs. One pair i've ridden for going on the 3rd year. Recently the chamois in that pair are really chafing. NEVER had shorts do that before. The other pair are brand new still in the packaging. I'm gonna try those and see if the chamois is just goin' south. Otherwise -- great shorts. Only other down side is that the decoration on the legs are heat appliqued on. After the 2nd washing, they started peeling. So I peeled them off altogether. Shorts actually look better with the 'M's' peeled off. They were inexpensive.

Worth the money, I think.

Mike in AR:beer:

** update ** May have found out why i 'thot' the shorts were to blame. My saddle developed a creak within the last 2 wks. So tonite i had time to inspect. turns out the angle adjuster set screw on my vintage American Classic seat post was broken almost entirely in two. So i completed the break. luckily there was enough of the set screw left to adjust the saddle to the proper level setting. So it's 'possible' that the saddle was being allowed to rock /slide/ do funny things just enough to scrub the pad in the shorts against my bum. I'll check the repair and see if it makes any difference. **

jmeloy
06-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Got the Softshell jacket and it is super. Offset zipper which I like.

LJohnny
06-05-2015, 04:17 PM
I have a couple of their rain jackets, jerseys and bibs. Well made, in my experience they run true to size.

Sent from my brain

berserk87
06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
I have one pair of bibs that I got 2 years ago. I don't like them. They are too short on the legs for my taste. The chamois is so-so, and the logos started peeling off after a few washings.

This is the sum total of my experience with Mavic clothing, which is very limited.

572cv
06-05-2015, 06:36 PM
I have a Mavic wind vest. I love the weight, the design and the fabric. But even though I have broad shoulders, the cut is too ample, and it is annoyingly flappy and loud in the wind or on a long downhill. I wouldn't hesitate to buy as long as I could test the fit very carefully.

lhuerta
06-05-2015, 11:50 PM
...very high quality materials on the bibs, but the chamois is just too narrow, and you end up riding on the seams/edges of the chamois, which on long rides results in chaffing....otherwise great stuff if it fits your physique. BTW, I am only 5'10" and 160lbs, and don't have a wide ass

oldpotatoe
06-06-2015, 06:39 AM
I was in a local shop looking at some mavic clothing, it looked really nice and all the fabrics felt super high quality. Normally I like slightly less "tech" looking stuff but a few items were tempting.

anyone riding with this stuff?

curious about durability, bib comfort, etc.

thanks

Sold it, and the sizing can be a little 'strange', particularly the shoes..try it on first.