PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the "Fatal Error" message?

Bruce K
04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I've been trying to post a new thread related to bike commuting without much luck.

This one took, so let's see if I can edit it.

That worked so here goes:

Our teenage son, a junior in high school has taken up bike commuting 4 days per week. He claims it's due to the high cost of gas.

The interesting thing is that he is not paying for the gas, we are.

In any event, he found a room at school where he can lock the bike away from mischievous eyes and hands, we rigged the C'dale cross bike with road tires and fenders, he pared down his book bag load to a managable sized courier bag, and he is now a bike commuter.

Pretty amazing to me given the state of most teenagers and bikes.

BK

Ginger
04-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Congratulations, you've raised a rebel.

Bill Bove
04-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Kids are going to be around a lot longer than most of us so when he talks of the high cost of gas he may not mean to your wallet but to the enviormental damage needless driving is doing. Three cheers for Jesse :banana: :banana: :banana: You may be doing better than raising a rebel, you may be raising a democrat :argue: Oh, I kill myself sometimes.

CNY rider
04-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I got that message a lot last week.

I sent an email to James but not heard anything about it.

Bruce K
04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Bill;

There's no danger of that disaster. :rolleyes:

Jesse was part of "Students in Government Day" yesterday where he sat in for one of our City Councilors at a special council meeting that was part of the day. The topic on the agenda was a new tougher city ordinance against graffiti.

Apparently, Jesse was a strong conservative voice - imagine punishment for a crime vs the "Oh they're just kids and they need an outlet" approach.

After the meeting 2 of the real City Councilors suggested that Jesse should consider a run for the Council and a third offered to campaign for him (LOrd helps us all!).

The most shocking part of all of this to Nancy and me (besides the fact that she is even more liberal than I am conservative) is that all of this cool new stuff in his life is going on AFTER we took him off the medication for his ADHD. :banana: :banana: :banana:

That part is fairly recent (Feb.) and the first time in 4 tries over the last 3 years when things actually got better rather than worse.

I guess kids can grow out of it, thank goodness. :D

BK

Bill Bove
04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
That's great to hear about Jesse, will it help him get into the Marines? I know how much that matters to him even though he'd be better off in the Air Force :banana:

I am to the left of Che but I'd like to amputate the arms of graffiti "artists".

Bruce K
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually Bill, I'm not sure how he feels about being in the service after school.

He's only a junior, so we have 1 more year at least.

I know he has told all the various recruiters that visit the high school to call him AFTER college :banana: , including the Marine recruiter who dangled OCS in front of him.

We are meeting with the NROTC Instructor when we visit Embrey-Riddle in a week and a half, just so he can see what is involved, and what his commitment would be.

BK

Bill Bove
04-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Actually Bill, I'm not sure how he feels about being in the service after school.
We are meeting with the NROTC Instructor when we visit Embrey-Riddle in a week and a half, just so he can see what is involved, and what his commitment would be.
BK

If he has any intrest in the military after college he should really explore ROTC, but do I have to come up there and hit him over the head with the Air Force stick?

Bruce K
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Only if you bring the check for the Lasic! :rolleyes:

As much as he would love to fly, and probably will if he goes to Embrey-Riddle Aeronautical University or Daniel Webster College, he won't be flying much if he's in the military unless it's rotary wing or a "heavy".

His eyesight is possibly worse than mine.

BK

spokhal
04-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I too am struggling with the fatal error message. I have tried posting a new message on a Mac with System 10.4.6 with both Safari and Foxfire browser without success. How did you fix yours?

csm
04-26-2006, 08:12 PM
why doesn't he avail himself to the school bus?

BumbleBeeDave
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
. . . Bruce will actually be seen in public riding with me, so we know his vision must be out-of-this-world BAD! ;)

BBD

Bruce K
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
csm-

The bus only would work in the mornings.

His after school activities usually keep him at school until between 3:30 and 5:00 with no consistent time. It all depends on how long the drill team practices, the rifle team shoots, the science team is working on a project, or the student he is helping with math or science needs his time.

It has been easier to have him drive than to have my wife be "on call" from 3:30 on.

Besides, what's wrong with bike commuting, even in lieu of the bus?

BK

twin
04-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I commute as a teacher and I wish more students would ride bikes. I would be happy to keep a students bike in my art area.