PDA

View Full Version : OT: Article in Backcountry by Karin Kirk

Keith A
06-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to share some of the work of one of our own...Karin Kirk. Haven't read it yet, but thought I'd share...

http://backcountrymagazine.com/stories/skiing-yellowstone-part-i-top-notch-peak/

Louis
06-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Neat.

The Kirks sure do lots of outside stuff.

velotel
06-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Nice, years ago I would have loved to ski that peak. Yellowstone skiing, never gave that a thought. Oh well, too late now. Good tale. Thanks for the link

alessandro
06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Cornice drop, 40-degree cooler, breakable crust? Yeeoow! :eek:
And a gift for understatement: "In the back of my ski-instructor brain, I was not entirely pleased."

Strong work, Karin.

David Kirk
06-04-2015, 12:53 PM
The woman can ski.

dave

gasman
06-04-2015, 01:10 PM
The woman can ski.

dave

That sounds like an understatement

Karin Kirk
06-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Cornice drop, 40-degree cooler, breakable crust? Yeeoow! :eek:
And a gift for understatement: "In the back of my ski-instructor brain, I was not entirely pleased."

Strong work, Karin.

Thanks!
Yeah, that run scores high on the list of places that were a handful to ski. I felt bad about how technically crappy I skied it, until I got a good look at it and the end of the day. Just getting down seemed like a perfectly fine accomplishment in hindsight.

Anyway, thanks for the props. Hopefully the second part of the story will post next week.

jr59
06-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, that run scores high on the list of places that were a handful to ski. I felt bad about how technically crappy I skied it, until I got a good look at it and the end of the day. Just getting down seemed like a perfectly fine accomplishment in hindsight.

Anyway, thanks for the props. Hopefully the second part of the story will post next week.

Any chance of getting you to post it here when you can? PLESE!!!