PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Zondas @ PBK

buldogge
06-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Heads up...ProBikeKit has Zondas for $340 shipped right now.

-Mark in St. Louis

AngryScientist
06-03-2015, 11:45 AM
$309 @ ribble

buldogge
06-03-2015, 12:02 PM
$365 with shipping.

$309 @ ribble

RonW87
06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
I think PBK uses UPS (broker fees) while Ribble uses Royal Mail.

yoshirider
06-03-2015, 12:08 PM
PBK uses Air City Post these days (not sure about larger stuff). People have been complaining about their bogus handling charges. I would stay away from them.

Don't forget to apply Ribble's 10% off coupon DISC10

billyd0012
06-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I would totally stay away from PBK.

- Bought DA cranks with a 10% off coupon in mid April.
- Was e-mailed a week later that I had to pay an additional $45 in added fees
- Called to cancel my order within 24 hours of e-mail.
- Called 4 times to complain about credit back.
- As at today, still waiting for a credit back to my credit card.

Ribble has awesome customer service and fantastic prices with no hidden fees. Too bad, because PBK used to be very good.

Kirk007
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
hmmm got zondas last month from PBK for 346 shipped no other fees. A little slow but showed up without damage or drama.

sw3759
06-03-2015, 07:01 PM
i guess i lucked out with my ribble order since they had the 10% code and didnt charge me shipping so i thought they changed the wheel shipping policy.must have been a mistake with their website.wheels arrived a week later,i thought they would cancel the order truthfully.
like most folks, i'm done with pbk.

harryblack
09-17-2015, 04:31 PM
hmmm got zondas last month from PBK for 346 shipped no other fees. A little slow but showed up without damage or drama.

same here with the Zondas, shipped "Trakpak," fast (four days) to the East Coast... i didn't do "research" and only stumbled into this thread because i was thinking about ordering something from Merlin and then learned about the potential brokerage fees with UPS etc... my PBK experience was flawless... "lucky"?

teleguy57
09-17-2015, 04:44 PM
I think PBK uses UPS (broker fees) while Ribble uses Royal Mail.

PBK uses Air City Post these days (not sure about larger stuff). People have been complaining about their bogus handling charges. I would stay away from them.

I would totally stay away from PBK.

- Bought DA cranks with a 10% off coupon in mid April.
- Was e-mailed a week later that I had to pay an additional $45 in added fees
- Called to cancel my order within 24 hours of e-mail.
- Called 4 times to complain about credit back.
- As at today, still waiting for a credit back to my credit card.

Ribble has awesome customer service and fantastic prices with no hidden fees. Too bad, because PBK used to be very good.

Just received a set of Shamal tubs from PBK and had a great experience. Somehow stumbled on a web site that linked to them with a smokin' deal -- Benjamins less than most online UK prices and free shipping to the US. I emailed to confirm they were tubs as the PBK web page could have inferred clinchers, and they replied w/in 24 hours. Pulled the trigger, and they were shipped w/in 24 hours. (I actually got cold feet and emailed them about cancelling the order, but to my benefit :) they had already gotten into the queue.)

Origin appears to be the Netherlands; came via Dutch postal and then USPS. Spent a couple of days clearing customs, but no duty/customs charges. Only wish I had ordered a couple more sets as within a day of my order they're way above what I paid (although still some of the best online pricing I see.) I could have flipped the additional sets and funded much of my personal purchase.

Case study of one -- YMMV.

harryblack
09-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Just received a set of Shamal tubs from PBK and had a great experience. Somehow stumbled on a web site that linked to them with a smokin' deal -- Benjamins less than most online UK prices and free shipping to the US. I emailed to confirm they were tubs as the PBK web page could have inferred clinchers, and they replied w/in 24 hours. Pulled the trigger, and they were shipped w/in 24 hours. (I actually got cold feet and emailed them about cancelling the order, but to my benefit :) they had already gotten into the queue.)

Origin appears to be the Netherlands; came via Dutch postal and then USPS. Spent a couple of days clearing customs, but no duty/customs charges. Only wish I had ordered a couple more sets as within a day of my order they're way above what I paid (although still some of the best online pricing I see.) I could have flipped the additional sets and funded much of my personal purchase.

Case study of one -- YMMV.

Ah, funny you mention that-- I just flipped the box over and my Zondas came from the Netherlands also, PostNL Priority, Amsterdam to JFK.