PDA

View Full Version : Serotta HSG Question

VT Skier
06-01-2015, 12:39 PM
I have an HSG carbon road bike that I believe is a "ready custom" model from 2010. I bought this after the Serotta collapse (it was a demo model that hadn't sold), and the dealer didn't have any of the original paperwork.

I was trying to figure out the geometry because I've been thinking about getting a new bike and thought I'd compare current models to what I already have.

The bottom bracket is stamped HB-X545.

Does this mean it's a 54 cm frame?

Thank you very much for your help.

oliver1850
06-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I know almost nothing about the newer frames. There's a short discussion of the last serial number system in the serial number thread (catalog sub-forum) The only geo charts I have from circa 2010 are in this thread:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=108701

VT Skier
06-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Thank you Oliver. I was looking at that chart, and given the serial number I thought my bike was probably a 54 cm, although the dealer told me 53 cm. And that's what the receipt says.

After I posted this, I found the Serotta serial number decode thread, so mods please feel free to move this discussion there. According to that thread, my serial "HB" means carbon HSG, and "X" means made in 2010. So far, so good. I'm just not sure what the 545 stands for.

oliver1850
06-01-2015, 02:08 PM
My guess is it's the 545th frame built in 2010.

RedRider
06-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks you Oliver. I was looking at that chart, and given the serial number I thought my bike was probably a 54 cm, although the dealer told me 53 cm. And that's what the receipt says.

After I posted this, I found the Serotta serial number decode thread, so mods please feel free to move this discussion there. According to that thread, my serial "HB" means carbon HSG, and "X" means made in 2010. So far, so good. I'm just not sure what the 545 stands for.

In 2010, the Serotta serial number system was changed to coordinate the numbers with the office mangement / filing system. X545 would correspond to invoice 545 from 2010. If you had access to the filing system you could look it up and all details would be there including dealer, customer and build sheet. Likewise, X10545 would indicate invoice 545 from 2011...

Plum Hill
06-01-2015, 03:46 PM
The serial number on mine is HB-X957. I double checked that, too.
My frame is a 57 cm performance (sounds nicer than 'old guy') geometry.

stephenmarklay
06-01-2015, 09:59 PM
I have an HSG carbon road bike that I believe is a "ready custom" model from 2010. I bought this after the Serotta collapse (it was a demo model that hadn't sold), and the dealer didn't have any of the original paperwork.

I was trying to figure out the geometry because I've been thinking about getting a new bike and thought I'd compare current models to what I already have.

The bottom bracket is stamped HB-X545.

Does this mean it's a 54 cm frame?

Thank you very much for your help.

There is an HSG for sale in the classifieds and two geometry charts posted in it. you should be able to figure out what you have based on some measurements like head tube etc.

VT Skier
06-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I took a photo of the chart, and I'll go find my tape measure.

stephenmarklay
06-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I took a photo of the chart, and I'll go find my tape measure.

There is also a link to another chart so look at that one two as they are different.

VT Skier
06-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Thanks, found them both. A little weird that they'd be so different.