PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden Fulcrum 5lg Wheels?

bikerboy337
06-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Looking for a cheap set of training wheels and the Fulcrum 5LG keeps intriguing me. I've loved campy wheels in the past (Zonda, shamal, etc) and for the price, these seem like they'd be a solid set of wheels, plus they're 23mm and would work with all my other wheels (i dont like having to adjust my brakes between wheel changes)...

Anyone have any time on these to offer up any opinions?

fa63
06-01-2015, 12:17 PM
I didn't even know these existed. But now I am intrigued as well as I have been searching for a new pair of aluminum training wheels.

AngryScientist
06-01-2015, 12:29 PM
i'm sure they are excellent. i've been beating on an older set of racing 5's for years with good results.

dana_e
06-03-2015, 11:31 AM
So are the new modern campy size

Campagnolo/Fulcrum wheels are really nice

danield
06-03-2015, 06:47 PM
i actually have a pair of these. Excellent quality and value, as has been my experience with all of the various Campy/Fulcrum wheels I've had. Frankly I can't tell the difference between the "LG" (wider rim) and last year's Racing 5's, though the 25mm tires do look a little wider on the LG rims. I've acquired a few pairs of cheap alloy campy-compatible tubular wheelsets so am mostly riding tubulars these days. But I'm always quick to recommend the Fulcrum 5's/Campy Vento's or 3's/Zonda's for great, versatile clinchers -- still very much the case with the new LG's

If you want any specific info let me know...