PDA

View Full Version : My amazing Wife - she gets it

rsl
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
So I'm set to take delivery of my new Zanconato roadbike in less than a month, and I spoke with Mike on the phone yesterday for about a half hour as he explained different aspects of the geometry for my bike, and we went over a parts list and set up a time for my wife and I to head up to Worcester to see the work in progress. All fun stuff.

Over dinner I was excitedly filling my wife in on the details, and just happened to mention that I still need to figure out what saddle I would like. I've been giving monologues about lugs and brazing and the craft of frame building for months now and also somewhere along the way I mentioned my deep-seated desire to put a Brooks saddle on my new bike.

Fearing that I was about to buy a non-brooks saddle on my own, she said that she had to give away a surprise. Secretly,yesterday morning she had emailed Mike to tell him that no matter what saddle I settled for, to put a honey-brown brooks swift on the bike instead as a surprise! How great is that?

Fixed
04-25-2006, 09:39 AM
bro cool that's what love's all about i.m.h.o. ..and they have to put up with us and our bike talk
cheers

dave thompson
04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Now that's true love!

ti_boi
04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
The best surprises are always hobby-related aren't they! Gotta love an indulgent woman. May you both live to be one hundred and four.

spiderman
04-25-2006, 09:47 AM
and see if she's put in my order
to be on dave kirk's waiting list
...without my knowledge...

alancw3
04-25-2006, 10:39 AM
life just doesn't get any better! enjoy!! you are truly a lucky guy!!!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
. . . I can have that custom carbon rail Arione you had already bought?

BBD

Keith A
04-25-2006, 11:34 AM
rsl -- You are a fortunate man to have a wife who "gets it". Make sure you reciprocate her love and caring for you.

rsl
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
. . . I can have that custom carbon rail Arione you had already bought?

BBD

I spent my money on this - it's yours if you want it :

rsl
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
rsl -- You are a fortunate man to have a wife who "gets it". Make sure you reciprocate her love and caring for you.

I do my best!

Keith A
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
What I want to know is how do slide foward on the BiSaddle when you go into your TT mode when you put your forearms on the flat part of your handlebars and grab the STI cables for the extra hard efforts.

BTW, I guess the saddle goes both ways :rolleyes:

Keith A
04-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Also, all this comfort comes at a price...in weight. How about 2.060 lbs, or 924 grams for this saddle compared to 230 grams for the Arione.

William
04-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Congrats on the Zanconato, you're going to love it. And kudos to your wife for keeping your backside covered. Now THAT'S love.

William ;) :cool: