PDA

View Full Version : Fizik - Of course you know their saddles, but ....

InspectorGadget
05-28-2015, 11:15 AM
What do you know about Fizik's other cockpit components?

I'm building a new Ritte Snob Disc (http://rittecycles.com/snob-snob-disc/) and looking at all options for cockpit components. Until recently I didn't realize Fizik offered bars, stems and seatposts.

I'm looking for feedback on Fizik's bars & stems, but I'm happy to hear what other brands you think I should consider.

FlashUNC
05-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Their bar shape isn't my cup of tea, but I generally find all their components well made and functional.

I really like the alloy seatposts personally.

vqdriver
05-28-2015, 12:44 PM
i was curious about their stems and the consensus seemed to be that it works fine. no complaints or failures mentioned. no news is probably good news for something like that.

have a cyrano post right now. nothing particular to say other than it holds the saddle position and it's easy to adjust. the slick finish didn't play nice with my carbon frame and it did slip each ride. some cabon paste took care of that. haven't touched it since. there were some grumblings of creaking when these posts first came out. i haven't experienced it tho.

Russian bear
05-28-2015, 01:12 PM
The stem seems to be on par with the likes of 3T arx team. Ti hardware, pretty much same weight.

I was considering the Snake bars because I was looking for a traditional bend. The tops have a flatter transition to the lever than you'd get on a more classic Rotundo and you get a choice of alu/carbon/fancy carbon.

rphetteplace
05-28-2015, 02:50 PM
For the life of me I cant get the squeak out of either of my Fizik seatposts.....

Fiertetimestwo
05-28-2015, 08:02 PM
I have a Fizik stem and the Fizik "Bull" shape bars- no problems at all. I think they are great.

marciero
05-30-2015, 06:15 AM
I was considering the Snake bars because I was looking for a traditional bend. The tops have a flatter transition to the lever than you'd get on a more classic Rotundo...

Is what piqued my interest. Also have slightly more reach than most of the micro- bars that flood the market.

gavingould
05-30-2015, 09:22 AM
I built my Gaulzetti with Fizik stem and the bull shape bars. Nice finish on the stuff, no issues except the bar shape didn't end up working out. Thomson KFC bar replaced them, and oddly enough it's the only carbon part on the bike when I don't have my race tubulars on. Stem still going. Would've tried the Fizik post, but it's a seatmast bike - I've heard mixed reviews on the Cyrano.

noshaver
05-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Fizik is putting up good quality components. It reminds me of the 3T in quality and feel. I had a seat post from Fizik a couple of years ago and I thought it was very well executed. Not the lightest stuff out these but solid.

bcroslin
05-30-2015, 10:53 AM
I ridden their saddles and seat posts and while I no longer use them I will say their customer service and warranty replacement is top notch.

veloduffer
05-31-2015, 04:33 AM
I've used their Cyrano seat post for a few years without any issue. I put a Fizik stem on this past year and so far so good. Similar to 3ttt but hopefully better ti hardware. I've had some 3 ttt faceplate bolts snap on me while tightening but way before reaching full torque. I switched them out with steel ones.