PDA

View Full Version : Coffee stop in Bedford NY?

BobbyJones
05-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Hey all.

Been passing through Westchester more frequently during rides. Can anyone make a recommendation for a cyclist friendly Coffee stop in or around Bedford?

Thanks in Advance!

christian
05-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Erica's Kitchen
1 Court Road
Just off the green.

Really more of a farm to table place, but they have good coffee and are very friendly.

Avoid the deli. They're nasty and no toilets.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2015, 07:35 PM
If you're heading north to Katonah, or south to Armonk, both towns have a Tazza, which are pretty damn good.

christian
05-27-2015, 07:44 PM
There's a Tazza in Yorktown too. Right in the middle of town.

Is there a coffee joint in Scott's Corner?

BobbyJones
05-27-2015, 08:03 PM
You guys are awesome. Armonk is a little too close in for me, but I've been passing right by that Tazza (without knowing it). Good to know its there.

Thanks for the Erica's tip Christian. Last weeks stop at the Deli is what prompted this inquiry.

Anything to suggest in Pound Ridge, South Salem and Ridgefield?

christian
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Pound Ridge has the deli headed north out of the hamlet. Totally ok. Samuel Parker's, maybe?

Cross River has the incomparable Fifth Division. I have bonk-refueled there too many times to count. At the junction of 121/35.

Ridgefield has the Cake Box. It's ok. Good coffee, but I don't like cupcakes.

christian
05-27-2015, 08:49 PM
You are aware of Finch's The Country Store in Banksville? Again, not really a destination, but a good bonk saver.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Ridgefield has a Tazza, too, right in the middle of town. Try the pistachio muffin tops. awesome.
There's a Starbucks in Ridgefield on the northern side of town on 35.

They just put some nice paved strips on the side of 172 from Bedford to Pound Ridge. It is now rideable. 124 between Pound Ridge and 35 still needs TLC. The roads in Ct. are so much better

chasea
05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
There's this little spot on the main drag, I don't know the names of roads up there. Take-out/ deli counter kind of place. They have chess boards outside. Good food and friendly people. I'm usually good for a few of the lemongrass chicken dumplings too. Riding buds look at me like I'm crazy.

jdp211
05-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Ugh, all these recommendations for Tazza make me sad. Their coffee is kind of terrible, at least at the Armonk location. There's a solid coffee shop a bit further north in North Salem at the intersection of Titicus Rd and Keeler Rd (which happens to be a pretty rad climb).

Sent from my spacephone

carpediemracing
05-28-2015, 07:28 AM
All this discussion about my old stomping grounds is making me nostalgic.

I have no coffee suggestions, haven't ridden there in 15 or 20 years.

jdp211
05-28-2015, 07:30 AM
There's a Tazza in Yorktown too. Right in the middle of town.

Is there a coffee joint in Scott's Corner?

There is and they make a pretty solid cinnamon muffin, too! (Don't forget to order it buttered and griddled)

Sent from my spacephone