PDA

View Full Version : My first Go-Pro Video

veggieburger
05-19-2015, 10:54 AM
If you have used a GP before, this is probably pretty boring to you. But for a techno-tard like myself, this is cool stuff! I rode for about an hour and a half, and my buddy set his camera to take a picture every 5 seconds. In the end, over 900 pictures were taken, resulting in a 40 second video of city streets, trails and university campus.

http://youtu.be/ac604_QNqoM

MattTuck
05-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Nice :) Looks like a good ride.

Good variation in hand positions :hello:

What was the reason for 5 second intervals? I bet you could drop it down to 2 or 3 seconds (if that is an option) and the video would seem a little smoother.

Are you planning to document all your rides like this? I've read some users say it is best to do real time recording, but only record the interesting sections -- I have no experience with GoPro, but I have aspirations -- so I'm genuinely interested.

I'm planning to make a couple videos this year of a few of my rides. The issue is, if you really want to make an interesting video with different camera angles, wide shot, medium, close up, POV, scenery, etc. It gets to be a really big time investment. Probably an afternoon to record enough footage to turn it in to a couple minutes of edited video.

bobswire
05-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Pretty cool, you and I pretty much use the same hand positions. My fist video I kinda went slow motion.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ikdWHKO1I

edukaycheon
05-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Just got inspired to use my GoPro, be right back

veggieburger
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Nice :) Looks like a good ride.

Good variation in hand positions :hello:

What was the reason for 5 second intervals? I bet you could drop it down to 2 or 3 seconds (if that is an option) and the video would seem a little smoother.

Are you planning to document all your rides like this? I've read some users say it is best to do real time recording, but only record the interesting sections -- I have no experience with GoPro, but I have aspirations -- so I'm genuinely interested.

I'm planning to make a couple videos this year of a few of my rides. The issue is, if you really want to make an interesting video with different camera angles, wide shot, medium, close up, POV, scenery, etc. It gets to be a really big time investment. Probably an afternoon to record enough footage to turn it in to a couple minutes of edited video.

It was a great ride! Lots of variety. The camera belongs to a friend, and he wanted to see what a cycling video would feel like with 5 second intervals. Next ride is going to be 2 second gaps, with two different cameras. He's a big techie, so he loves putting these sorts of things together. The next ride will also be with a group, so that should change the dynamic a bit.

It was so interesting to see how often the hand positions change. It's something you're just not aware of!

merlinmurph
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Sunday was the first time I ever wanted a GoPro.

I was riding on a bike path with friends and their 5-year-old daughter who just last weekend started riding without training wheels. I was behind everybody and was really wanting that GoPro.

Oh yeah, she rode 3+ miles. Really.

cdn_bacon
05-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Great fun and tunes!

thanks for sharing that :)

veggieburger
05-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Great fun and tunes!

thanks for sharing that :)

Hey no worries!

On a related note, if anyone is selling a used GoPro (or something similar), PM me. This was my buddy's...think I need one to call my own.

onekgguy
05-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Nice! I love how the music works so well with it. I suggest you add it to this thread. (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=166164)

Kevin g