PDA

View Full Version : Dirtiest Thing That Ever Got Stuck

glc
04-23-2006, 07:33 PM
So ive been sick for a week, which leeds to no riding. The only bad part about freelance is no paid sick days. Finally felt cured today yet it was still pissing down rain til about 230 so i geared up and got out and hit Prospect park for a few loops then road into the chity and road Central park for a few loops. Of course the sun came out but me and bike were coved in mud and a bits of horse manure. Strange that you can get horse manure on oneself in NYC. Then stopped at Una Pizza Napoletana on 12 St. If you live NYC or come visit, eat here. Anthony who owns the place makes the best pizza in NYC and according to him he is one of the only guys who actually makes real pizza in NYC. Other than doing that, he rides, like a maniac, and praise be, he believes in Single Speed. Back to the point I knew id have to get a bucket of water out and clean up the bike on the sidewalk. So I get home, prop my bike up on the stair railing to go get the bucket and this is what is stuck to the tire, almost glued on, it pealed slowly off. Does cum vulcanize rubber?

e-RICHIE
04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
So ive been sick for a week, which leeds to no riding. The only bad part about freelance is no paid sick days. Finally felt cured today yet it was still pissing down rain til about 230 so i geared up and got out and hit Prospect park for a few loops then road into the chity and road Central park for a few loops. Of course the sun came out but me and bike were coved in mud and a bits of horse manure. Strange that you can get horse manure on oneself in NYC. Then stopped at Una Pizza Napoletana on 12 St. If you live NYC or come visit, eat here. Anthony who owns the place makes the best pizza in NYC and according to him he is one of the only guys who actually makes real pizza in NYC. Other than doing that, he rides, like a maniac, and praise be, he believes in Single Speed. Back to the point I knew id have to get a bucket of water out and clean up the bike on the sidewalk. So I get home, prop my bike up on the stair railing to go get the bucket and this is what is stuck to the tire, almost glued on, it pealed slowly off. Does cum vulcanize rubber?

Okay picture will not upload so..... .there was freshly filled condom stuck to my tire.

there's a mikimoto joke in there someplace atmo -

BumbleBeeDave
04-23-2006, 08:26 PM
. . . to tell some sort of joke here after reading that thread title, but now that I've seen the message . . . well, uh-er, never mind . . . :eek:

BBD

glc
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
there's a mikimoto joke in there someplace atmo -

yeah, poor me, no pearl necklace

Too Tall
04-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks for sharing :rolleyes: ayi yi yi

Bill Bove
04-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Would my own flesh count? I went down in massive pile up in a rainy crit, spent the rest of the day in the emergency room with a long gash on the inside of my thigh, the next day while I was cleaning the bike there was this dried bologna looking stuff stuck to the top tube cable guides.

djg
04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Okay picture will not upload so.....

So ... thank you, mysterious angel of the internet, for watching over us. Call me old fashioned, but I didn't need the actual picture, what with such vivid prose and all.

victoryfactory
04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm also in NYC (Queens)
I was tired of 2 days of rain
Just about the same time as you, (I guess) I got tired of
hanging around, posting pi$$y messages on the forum, so
I got on the ole' MTB and sloshed through the puddles to
Flushing Meadows (for non New York types, that's where the Met's
play at Shea, the Unisphere, US tennis Center, 500 Crickett matches, 600
peruvian soccer games and a 3 mile loop for cycling)
Well I had a great time jumping logs, riding down stairs, thru water etc.

Lost my water bottle on a jump
Came back covered in mud.

VF, mountain biker

sspielman
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
What was the tread pattern?....smooth or ribbed?

e-RICHIE
04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
What was the tread pattern?....smooth or ribbed?

that is effin funny.

pale scotsman
04-24-2006, 08:47 AM
A buddy of mine used to tie one, it sure looked used, onto the end of his MTB's handlebar to keep people from borrowing his bike. Sure enough we were sitting in the quad and this dude was riding my bud's bike like he's the man. Another guy yells, " Hey Chris check out what's dangling from the grip!" Sure enough there it was just a swinging back and forth. The dude riding the bike face went white and dropped it like it was on fire. We laughed our butts off...

Spinner
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
clincher or tubular?

David Kirk
04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
There's some kind of S.C.O.T.S Dirt track date thing going on here.

Dave

Korn Julio
04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
This gives a whole new meaning to "where the rubber meets the road".

glc
04-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Would my own flesh count? I went down in massive pile up in a rainy crit, spent the rest of the day in the emergency room with a long gash on the inside of my thigh, the next day while I was cleaning the bike there was this dried bologna looking stuff stuck to the top tube cable guides.

that's RAD!