PDA

View Full Version : slipping rear derailleur/hub

tooslow4u
05-18-2015, 08:12 AM
I've noticed during my last couple rides that my gears aren't engaging and causing me to pedal on nothing. Several times I've had close calls on a climb where I'm pedalling hard and the gear isn't engaged.

I'm running a CK classic hub and I'm about to overhaul just maybe something is loose!? I'm not really sure what to look for so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

oldpotatoe
05-18-2015, 09:33 AM
I've noticed during my last couple rides that my gears aren't engaging and causing me to pedal on nothing. Several times I've had close calls on a climb where I'm pedalling hard and the gear isn't engaged.

I'm running a CK classic hub and I'm about to overhaul just maybe something is loose!? I'm not really sure what to look for so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Needs an overhaul....maybe be gunked up. To do a complete OVH need the tool kit and it ain't easy. Not hard but complicated when compared to most other hubs.

tooslow4u
05-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Needs an overhaul....maybe be gunked up. To do a complete OVH need the tool kit and it ain't easy. Not hard but complicated when compared to most other hubs.

Thanks!

guyintense
05-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Sounds like the drive rings are gummed up. You can disassemble the hub with two 5 mm allen wrenches, squirt a little mineral spirits to clean it and then lube with their ring drive lube. Very simple operation, you can view a video here:http://chrisking.com/tech/tech_movies

seanile
05-18-2015, 04:15 PM
how old are the chain/rings/cassette?