PDA

View Full Version : dumb Mini V question

pakora
05-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Okay, I think I'm simply doing something wrong here. But I can't figure it out.

I'm putting what I hope to be more powerful and easily tunable brakes on my cross race bike to see if I can get away with it for another season instead of doing what I want to do (get a new Kona or Felt) (my wallet does not want to do that).

I have heard good things about Tektro 926 brakes - same weight as Euro-X jawns, but $12 apiece ($25 when you buy Kool Stop pads and an adjustable noodle).

So I go to install it and it won't even go on the canti boss. The boss is too big. This bike has worn Pauls and Kores with no problems.

The instructions for the brake mention a plastic sleeve that pushes out - I don't see that, but rather a brass-looking sleeve, but it certainly doesn't push out.

fwiw it's these brakes (silver ano, to match my headset and post): http://www.jensonusa.com/Tektro-926A-Mini-L-Pull-Brake

The reviews all talk about cross bikes so I don't think it's that I bought a bmx brake (though I totally bought a bmx brake).

What am I doing wrong?

vqdriver
05-16-2015, 09:25 PM
If you don't get an answer here call em up on Monday. They're very helpful over the phone. Nice folks.

buldogge
05-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Were the Paul's on last?

Did you remember to pull the Paul's sleeve off the canti post??

-Mark in St. Louis

thirdgenbird
05-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Is there paint on the studs? My experience has been that tektro bushings don't have enough tolerance for any paint. The last tektros in installed fit perfectly after the paint was gone. Pivoted smoothly but had no play.

oldpotatoe
05-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Were the Paul's on last?

Did you remember to pull the Paul's sleeve off the canti post??

-Mark in St. Louis

I think that's it..I'll bet the Paul sleeve is still on there..

pakora
05-17-2015, 10:05 AM
holy smokes, I didn't put the pauls on this bike because I was having some other work done at the shop. I had no idea about the removable sleeves.

Thanks guise, I now have brakes on my bike. :p:o