PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Tucson

sjbraun
05-15-2015, 08:09 AM
This is May, right?
I've signed up for a ride up Tucson's Mt Lemmon today. I've been up the mountain many times, but one of our local cycling groups sponsors a ride every Spring. They have great support including pie at the top of the mountain. So I take the day off and plan for a nice day on the mountain. Now, I'm scurrying around the house trying to find my wool gear.

See today's forecast:

A slight chance of snow showers before 11am, then rain and snow showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Windy, with a southwest wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 28 to 33 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Looks to be an interesting ride.

sandyrs
05-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Yikes. Looks like our Northeast winter migrated.

Today's forecast in Boston is high of 72, mix of clouds and sun.

Idris Icabod
05-15-2015, 08:58 AM
I usually do the ride as well but not this year. It snowed a couple of years ago and people were shuttled down. My friend and I arrived at the ski parking lot and were chatting just as the first flakes started to fall, I remember turning to him and asking with disbelief if it was snow! We started our descent and rode down in sunshine from about Pallisades.

Hope the weather behaves today.

Lewis Moon
05-15-2015, 09:20 AM
I remember doing the race and purposefully falling over in a snow drift just beyond the finish line. Enjoy it while you can....

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/d1/7e/d17ed4_3723501.jpg

Ray
05-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but it's a DRY snow! :cool:

-Ray

godfrey1112000
05-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Yeah, but it's a DRY snow! :cool:

-Ray
Gates pass and the desert floor, is your plan B
Coming down the mountain,40+mph,with matching winds:eek: