PDA

View Full Version : Spending a week in Harwichport, MA any good group/shop rides?

tlittlefield
05-14-2015, 03:23 PM
I am going to be spending a week early August on The Cape, Harwichport. Any locals know of a shop/club in the area (up to Hyannis) that has a decent weeknight ride?

happycampyer
05-14-2015, 06:22 PM
I have spent a week or so in Chatham for the last 10 years or so, and have never found the riding to be particularly satisfying, so I'll be interested to see what nuggets others reveal. I can recommend lots of places where you can eat and get fat...

tlittlefield
05-14-2015, 07:35 PM
I have been going to The Cape most summers for 20 plus years when my kids were growing up. So I am very familiar with the local roads both ocean side and bay side.

The kids are grown and I am now single so going back to The Cape to enjoy myself (-;

I can ride all over by myself but would like to find a fairly fast (20 mph) group to break up the solo riding that I will be doing.

Hank Scorpio
05-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Check out the C4 ride out of Dennis every Sunday. About a 60 mile loop up to Wellfleet and back behind the Wellfleet flea. If you plan to do the ride PM me for the sprint points.

I think they have a Thursday night ride too that is shorter but supposedly faster.