PDA

View Full Version : Pacenti SL23 v2 report

oldpotatoe
05-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Just got a few and built them. You tell a lot about a rim when it's newly built. Very impressed. On par with Swiss made DT rims in terms of flat and round when new. Make for a nice, true, round and even tension wheel. Bravo

Mzilliox
05-12-2015, 09:49 AM
great info, I seem to remember reading for a bit of time about cracks on the last version of the rims? Maybe a bad batch?

So whats new? brake surface is reduced? lighter? stronger alloy?

thanks for the report

Bradford
05-12-2015, 09:52 AM
I have a set of the V1s and love the ride. I'm looking forward to getting a set of the V2s built up for my other bike.

guido
05-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I had one of the v2 rims built with a SON Delux hub for my SanMarcos to use on smoother road rando rides. It is very nice! A Compass Stampede Pass 32 tire with tube mounted easily with Stan's tape. Bead slipped right into place with inflation pressure of 60lbs.

donevwil
05-12-2015, 11:59 AM
OP, or other, would you mind providing an actual, as measured with calipers, overall width ? Would be much appreciated.

stephenmarklay
05-12-2015, 07:55 PM
That's good to hear. I laced the v1 up to my powertap hub and was underwhelmed that it was not that round. I did not build the front after that. I doubt it makes a lot of difference but the velocity I had was rounder. Now I am sure I could have sent a note out and it would have been taken care of.

Regardless I will try the v2 given your report. The big question is did you get the t-shirt :)

CMiller
05-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the post. Please let us know how they compare to v1 when you've put some miles on!